Nugget Shooter Forums

New Total Nugget Record (12)

mn90403

Yesterday I decided to take another night/day hunt into the desert.  Lu and I left about midnight for our 2.5 hour drive to the gold fields near Barstow.  Once there I was greeted with a nice evening and temperatures in the upper 70s that would change to 105 or so by 3 PM.

It was a slow beginning with only one nugget before dawn at 6 AM but I had found a spot.  When the temps started to rise I started to grid.  I tied my previous record by 10 AM when Swifty got there.  I got another 4 nuggets before 1 PM and then things slowed way down.  I picked up two little ones more before we left for a total of 12 nuggets and 3 grams total weight.

The nugget in the center is 1 gram and the next largest nugget is .8g.  I know the little one has to be the smallest piece of gold I have ever found but all of them were found 1 at a time.  The 1g nugget was down over 12 inches and most of the others were less than 4 inches.  I was using my 7000 with pretty 'hot' settings.

IMG_8111.JPG

Edited by mn90403
  • Like 10

Nice piece of work Mitchel!  Congratulations.  About the time I get back from Downieville the temps ought to be falling in the SoCal deserts.  I don't know how you and Lu can make such a series of "day" trips as you do so often.  Too much driving for me.  I'll be using my camper for multi-day campaigns when it gets cooler.

WTG Mitchel :yesss:

That is some beautiful gold you got. 

You earned it!
Congrats.

Tom H.

That's great work Mitchel.  Sounds like you've really got that GPZ humming.  Congrats!

Oh yeah .... luv to see others doing the night hunt! :yesss:

I just remembered something (in the shower) about earlier today.

I showed these nuggets to some of my billiard/pool friends.  I told them that I had found these yesterday.

Do you know what two of them said? (Very liberal guys I might add who are not going to vote for someone I would vote for)

Did you find the nuggets in the CASE?  Oh my God.  Who would ever think that except for people who only go to the grocery store, who have never shot a gun or gone fishing ... who have NO CLUE.

So, we have a new conservative/progressive test.  Show your friends some gold that is in a display case and see if they wonder if you found it as displayed. This is a very sad state of affairs for Santa Monica, Los Angeles and California.

They probably thought I 'found' them in the store also.  (Actually they 'wondered' if I found them on the beach in the case but that is almost worse.)

• Like 4

You know what one my liberal friends thought when I told them I hunt for gold,  Mitchel?  They asked if when I find gold, if I split it with my partner?!  Now how would I do that when I usually only find one on an outing ...:laught16:

By the way, just got back from the Vegas 8ball tournament to see my brother.  I used to compete but the family changes things a little.  Still love the game, though!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Andyy said:

You know what one my liberal friends thought when I told them I hunt for gold,  Mitchel?  They asked if when I find gold, if I split it with my partner?!  Now how would I do that when I usually only find one on an outing ...:laught16:

By the way, just got back from the Vegas 8ball tournament to see my brother.  I used to compete but the family changes things a little.  Still love the game, though!

I stopped by this year before it started.  I played when it was at the Riviera many years back. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeoJack said:

Smart liberals live north of Bakersfield.

Actually there are no smart liberals anywhere in Kali...or any place else!

• Like 1

That's a great bunch of nuggets you got there Mitchel !!    :4chsmu1:

Twelve in one day is going to be tough to beat, but I suspect you'll give it a good effort.

Congrats    :thumbsupanim

Luke

Edited by LukeJ
spelling

2 hours ago, fredmason said:

i would say the IQ is about the even on both sides....worse and worser, take your pick!

fred

Come on Fred ... I'm not talking about IQ ... I'm talking about experience.

It's kinda like saying that milk comes from a jug.  It does for someone who has never been on a farm or without production knowledge.  Are they going to get that knowledge from our schools here in LA, Chicago or NYC?

Those of us who hunt and fish and do other outdoor things have more similar experience than those who do drive bys and kill people. (Are they progressive or conservative?)

Our experiences are better than theirs.  

When I say I found 12 nuggets here on this forum or at my other clubs they don't wonder if they were in the case! 

2 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

...yet other reasons why we don't talk politics or religion in the prospecting threads..

Misinterpretation(s) for starters..

Swamp

Technically we're not suppose to talk about either here at NuggetShooters, this is a prospecting/nugget shooting/gold forum, with a few other good select subjects thrown in for what interests the members here, but it has been proven in the past that religion and political subject matter doesn't do well amongst our members here so those subjects were eliminated as subject matter here,

That being said it is that time period of electing a new President which everyone has their opinion of who's the best for the job, so I have let a few comments on the political side slide lately, but keep it to a minimum and don't attack other members because their opinion may differ from yours or all of these comments will vanish from these forums almost as fast as they are posted.

Skip,

Can we start a thread where we can show that one candidate would be better than another for the prospector/miner?  Do we need to act as if they are equal when it comes to our mining rights?

(Just because one candidate would favor mining over another one that doesn't mean you have to vote for them!)

Mitchel

53 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Skip,

Can we start a thread where we can show that one candidate would be better than another for the prospector/miner?  Do we need to act as if they are equal when it comes to our mining rights?

(Just because one candidate would favor mining over another one that doesn't mean you have to vote for them!)

Mitchel

Mitchel,

Bill's rules are no political or religious topics, so the answer has to be no, we have tried to allow these topics/discussions in the past and it always gets out of control.

As I mentioned I have let slide a few political comments being that it's a Presidential elelction year, but I hesitate to even do that.

I understand your position.  I've also be infuriated by some of the political comments from the past so it seems to be necessary for an 'all or nothing' approach.