Nugget Shooter Forums

When mucking get's exciting

GeoJack

She wasn't too excited, didn't start to rattle until I had her in the bucket. Maybe preggo or just full of gophers. Issue was I was working right next to her for over an hour before I saw her. Could have been a very bad day.

I dont like that kind of excitement! 

Glad you just moved it instead of killing it.

They have their place in the desert and we are the visitors.
Tom H.

Popup leg went missing when a rainstorm rolled in and filled the canopy. Did work well for moving the snake. I ALWAYS respect snakes and save them when possible. Hate seeing them run over on the road. I've got two lazy cats that are not staying up on the gophers around here.

BBQ'd it isn't so bad, pretty good in pasta. I use to hunt them for the skin but decided not to do that any more.

• 2 weeks later...

they aren't lazy, the theory is that the rattlers that rattled too quickly have been killed. That leaves the more quiet ones to sit and hide or quietly slip away.

If you snake killers will just kill the quiet ones you can bring nature back in balance...

this is a joke for those lacking a sense-of-humor...or is sarcastic like the soon to lose candidate. 

fred

All Snake aren't bad.   I was climbing up some rocks on the side of a hill one day poked my head up over a rock for a look see.  Had one of those OOOOOOOOOH Chit moments.  I had a Rattler not 10 inches from my face.   He just as calm as could be swung his head around to look at me .  I looked at him and he looked at me for what seemed forever it did.  In loo of popping in the eye He  just let out with a TIC TIC TIC with the rattles.   I backed down below the rock  shaking like a leaf the whole way down. 

That snake gave me a Reprieve I tell ya. 

2 hours ago, fredmason said:

they aren't lazy, the theory is that the rattlers that rattled too quickly have been killed. That leaves the more quiet ones to sit and hide or quietly slip away.

If you snake killers will just kill the quiet ones you can bring nature back in balance...

this is a joke for those lacking a sense-of-humor...or is sarcastic like the soon to lose candidate. 

fred

Yes Fred, with a sense of humor like that you could not become president either.