Nugget Shooter Forums

On The Light Side

Judd

That second one makes you think.....did I walk away from some? :)
Tom H

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomH said:

That second one makes you think.....did I walk away from some? :)
Tom H

Was thinking the same thing too, Tom.. I don't walk away from very many on the beach, but there have been a few, especially if I'm carrying the shorty shovel.. With the PI it's an identifiable tone and now that I have the AT Pro I've been able to put a number to 'em as well.. To date they've always been smashed aluminum cans that're still deeper than the length of that shovel and then some.. Unopened hit the same, but have always gotten to 'em, so far at least.. For those of you wondering, they hit the same # as a low-end dime but with a much louder and broader initial return..

I wouldn't stop digging a narrow signal coming home between a nickle to penny (or lower) though, as that could be 14K gold jewelry.. That range is also home for at least three brands of pop top tabs, but those can be disc identified and ignored..

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al

19 minutes ago, Terry Soloman said:

I've dug 20" for a #4 lead sinker.. :ROFL:

The pyramid shaped one..? I try to look on the bright side with those: At least it only takes three more to make a pound, lol..:4chsmu1:

Speaking of sinkers, I came across my first "sinker spill" earlier this week: three #4s & one #3, all together in a little pile just north of the high tide line n buried under three or four inches of loose sand.. I have a feeling it was a tourist who was babysitting his four or five year old son and fishing at the same time.. I say tourist because two were brand new & two were in good enough used shape to be re-sold.. I don't know what it is with boys that age, but I find more hot wheels / other small cars & trucks and even some larger battery powered ones buried in the same manner as the sinkers.. Can't tell if they're playing underground parking garage or what, but they are purposely buried -- not half covered over by kicked sand.. Almost always high and dry too; only have found a couple near the water..

End up giving most of 'em away.. Any little boy who walks up n asks me what I'm doing or asks if I'm looking for buried treasure ultimately gets one, as long as an adult says it's ok.. Same with little girls, and I'm surprised by how many inquire.. I've taken to keeping a couple pieces of junk but functional jewelry in my pouch because of it.. Ditto with a couple of toy cars..

Swamp

• Like 2

Boys will be boys, and burying stuff is all a part of being a boy, once buried and Miom and Dad says time to go, Mom nor Dad knows what happened to the missing items or if they do they don't care if they are left behind, most aren't very or if at all valuable and not searched for or dug up thus leaving it as "treasure" for us detectorist to dig up! 

• Like 2