Nugget Shooter Forums

Just Got A Dash Cam. Anybody Else Using One?

After almost getting killed by a trucker moving me out of my lane with his trailer, I got a dash cam. Not sure why I feel better, but I do. Anybody else using one?

I don't have one, yet..  I totally understand those who use them though.. Not lessening your close call, but I "got it" right after first seeing early accident vids compilations that started pouring out of mainly 'Russia' a while back.. Some of the wrecks would have been impossible to tell who was at actual fault without the aid of video footage.. Apparently auto ins rates 'over there' makes our pricing of same seem like a discount house auction..

Swamp

Stateside they are not as "needed" as in many countries.

I got t-boned in Brazil. Stop signs are just a suggestion. That's when I started looking into them.

Folks that live in cities probably should get one as the newer ones turn on with motion. That's good for petty criminals and the sort.

I see motorcycles using these more often in Arizona (but on their helmets).  Seems like a good deal as people constantly think they can run motorcycles off the road whenever they want.  The camera is a little quieter than a side arm and less expensive than the attorney fees that would ensue after using said firearm.

This happened yesterday. Fast Forward to about 45-seconds, and watch the woman turn left in front of me. We had to pull over because when I locked up the anti-lock brakes, all the groceries in the back went flying.

The one I got at Walmart is a Pilot Duel cam, it comes with lots of different mounts, for helmets, bikes, or even your body. and car mount too. Grubstake

That's the argument for them....

Had there been a crowded intersection where someone got clipped---that video is money.

Won't be long before they come up with some body worn contraption that gives us a 360 degree video view of every single moment of our lives. 

Edited by Morlock
2 hours ago, Morlock said:

Won't be long before they come up with some body worn contraption that gives us a 360 degree video view of every single moment of our lives. 

That's something Garimpo can use down there with all those morenos....

Thank you, Terry.  I have seen the advertisements on television about them, and had considered getting two, one for my wife, and one for myself, but haven't pulled the trigger so far.  Your video has convinced me to do it.

By the way, it sure is nice and green there.  Here, it is always dead brush brown, Ha Ha!

Greg