Nugget Shooter Forums

Beat the heat camp out

TomH

Hey all:
 Met up with some folks up around Dewy/Mayer area for a get the heck out of the heat camp out :)

Got a AWESOME camp spot with no traffic, no noise and no retards. Much better than Bannie mine road camping.
The nights were really nice with some rain and thunderstorms. We even had to put jackets on Fri night:yesss:

The sunset on Fri night was really cool as it turned everything a iridescent orange.

Adam found some nice gold.......most of us got the skunk though. Its a lot different type of hunting up there than

in the deserts.

We had to have a camplight instead of a fire due to restrictions in Prescott forest.

Even found a homeless guy walking in the rain with a towel on his head so we invited him over :ROFL:

Can anyone ID that "mill/classifier thing?" in the second pic? 

Was a good time to meet up with the guys and gals and have fun :ya:

Tom H. 

SAM_1371.JPG

SAM_1372.JPG

DSC02321.JPG

DSC02326.JPG

DSC02329.JPG

DSC02330.JPG

DSC02333.JPG

DSC02336.JPG

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Ahorton10 said:

We had a great time also Toms!  Thanks for the invite,  hopefully the kids weren't too much for yall, usually we try to set up a little farther away incase they get too bored haha.  Good seeing everyone again!

Your kids were actually pretty entertaining :) Glad you brought them up.

Tom

• Like 1

Looks like a fantastic time. Friends family and gold. Can't beat that. Good job.

Dan

• Like 1

I'm glad I was able to make it !!    :yesss:

Lots of great stories and good conversation. 

Nice talking to you guys again.   :D

Thanks....  2 Toms

Luke

You guys just had to do this on my wifes birthday didnt ya! No gettin away for me, sure wish I could have made it.:2mo5pow:

Looks and sounds like a good camping spot there. Glad you guys had a good time!

Which Adam scored the nuggets?

The Boulderdash/Adam one :)

• Like 1

What Hoser John said.. Central FL beaches are deceiving.. Don't have actual temp as those he mentions, but low-to-mid-90s with heat index in the low-100s is close enough.. Would have enjoyed a couple days at elevation fer sure..!

Swamp

Very Nice!

Looks like those nuggets would fit in the 22 shell. I always wonder if a shell would make a good place to keep finds if you forget a bag or vile

1 hour ago, fishing8046 said:

Very Nice!

Looks like those nuggets would fit in the 22 shell. I always wonder if a shell would make a good place to keep finds if you forget a bag or vile

I have read a few reports in the past of people finding a fired cartridge that was crimped/bent shut and upon uncrimping it they found small nuggets inside, a oldtimer needed something to put his poke in and used the empty cartridge, so keep this in mind if you ever find one crimped, you never know if it was just smashed or closed up on purpose and then misplaced/lost.

• Like 2

Thanks Luke, YT/OT Wade and Adam....   It was a great drive Friday night in the rain and cool temps :D

And what a sunset! If it weren't for that pesky fear of driving off a cliff I would have taken lots of pics of that one.

Getting out of the city and detecting with a real detector. Priceless.

Driving back Sat night I was talking to a good friend of mine and she suddenly added that I sounded "happy". :4chsmu1:

• Like 4

Sounds like a great weekend.   Friends and gold.  Can't do much better than that.  I'm with Alwaysdirty ... I wish my plans didn't interfere.  Always next time.  Thank you guys for sharing.

• Like 3

Tom, 

Thanks for the invite! Although, I was only able to meet up with you guys for a short hunt, it was nice to finally meet you all.

I think having home court advantage helped to snag this one.

IMG_0788.JPG

I hope you guys can make it up again soon!

Dean

Edited by Dbado1
  • Like 5

Short time was a good time :) You got a nice nug. That was really cool to hear you calling to us as we were leaving to see a nug you popped :)

Tks again for the invite to the spot.  
Tom H. 

What a neat bunch of guys and gals came to the gathering.  The kids were delightful and well behaved, I wish that I had some of their energy though.  I think that both AJ's and Adam H's boys are going to be the next detectorists of the future.  Real interest shown on both parts. 

Just because you see me in the pic's sitting down don't think that I didn't get worn out on this trip.  I slept for ten hours straight when I got in my own little beddy.  It was a bit warm during the day with showers to boot.  The terrain was overgrown and really hard to beep in for a desert rat.  I sympathize with some of you Kalif. guys with all that Manzanita and oak poison.  We got to get another going next year. 

Old Tom 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

I have read a few reports in the past of people finding a fired cartridge that was crimped/bent shut and upon uncrimping it they found small nuggets inside...

I've heard the same for snuff rounds, small aspirin bottles and to a lesser degree, ahem, empty cigarette packs.. So when y'all come across things like that check 'em out before just stuffing them into your litter pouch, as they may contain rays of sunshine.. :wee::yesss:

Swamp

• Like 1

Thank you for the invite Tom !

It was great seeing everyone again ....

Here`s a couple pics I took....

Boulder dash and I had to wait till the waters receded in this gully ...

MVI_9209_Moment_zpsb1fqz9wp.jpg

IMG_9211_zps22yky3oz.jpg

IMG_9201_zpszuomred3.jpg

Edited by adam
  • Like 1

Way cool, Adam.  I think that is an ancient alien holding a nugget over it's head :4chsmu1:

• Like 1