Nugget Shooter Forums

Holbrook July 16 17th and 18th

Trip report Holbrook Arizona July 16th 17th and 18th. 

Well made another trip to Holbrook this year and spent three days getting some good exercise and a suntan. Spent the first day on the southside searching the The western end of the strewn field. Got pretty hot that day and called off my search at about 2 PM after needing to find some shade also met up with Jason on the southside who's good talking with him. On day two I searched the northside from the railroad crossing past the scrape area to the west. Had to bail a little earlier that day at 1 o'clock due to storm clouds and rain. On day three I cross the railroad tracks and searched The Southeast  east section. Unfortunately for my three days of hard work I came up with zip but it was great to be out hunting and enjoying the wide-open spaces. But on a side note on the third day I left the motel very early and just as I reached the end of Sun Valley Rd. and as the sun was just starting to come up I stopped my car to take a photo of the early morning sunrise just as I was getting out of the car and still looking to the Southwest I witnessed a very large fireball streak across Horizon I was able to witness the whole thing until it disappeared it was a surreal green color partially covered in clouds very bright I looked on the AMS site later and found that it most likely ended up in the Pacific ocean as a traveled somewhere south of the Mexican border 
Although I didn't find anything but a 19th-century bullet and a dead cow seeing  that fireball made the trip worth it. in all my years I've never seen one myself it was a surreal experience hope the rest you guys find some up there this weekend. 
Bryan

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just now, peakbager said:

Trip report Holbrook Arizona July 16th 17th and 18th. 

Well made another trip to Holbrook this year and spent three days getting some good exercise and a suntan. Spent the first day on the southside searching the The western end of the strewn field. Got pretty hot that day and called off my search at about 2 PM after needing to find some shade also met up with Jason on the southside was  good talking with him. On day two I searched the northside from the railroad crossing past the scrape area to the west. Had to bail a little earlier that day at 1 o'clock due to storm clouds and rain. On day three I cross the railroad tracks  at the crossing and searched The Southeast section. Unfortunately for my three days of hard work I came up with zip but it was great to be out hunting and enjoying the wide-open spaces. But on a side note on the third day I left the motel very early and just as I reached the end of Sun Valley Rd. and as the sun was just starting to come up I stopped my car to take a photo of the early morning sunrise just as I was getting out of the car and still looking to the Southwest I witnessed a very large fireball streak across Horizon I was able to witness the whole thing until it disappeared it was a surreal green color partially covered in clouds very bright I looked on the AMS site later and found that it most likely ended up in the Pacific ocean as a traveled somewhere south of the Mexican border 
Although I didn't find anything but a 19th-century bullet and a dead cow seeing  that fireball made the trip worth it. in all my years I've never seen one myself it was a surreal experience hope the rest you guys find some up there this weekend. 
Bryan

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg