Nugget Shooter Forums

GPZ - 7K vs GPX - 5k. questions

So the price drop on the GPX 5000 sure looks good  for  $3000  .

I guess nothing compares for the money .

What are the pros on the GPZ  over the GPX  ?  

I know it goes deeper and hits on smaller targets but would like to hear the low down from owners .

post-21985-0-07280500-1397234835.jpg

I run the 7k. I love it and hate it at the same time. Like you said it will find deeper gold and smaller gold. It is a loud machine when you run it to its fullest capabilities but you can clearly hear deep and small gold through the noise. After I got the 7k all my old patches started producing again and I found more gold in a matter of months than I have found in a few years. I hate that there are no smaller coils or any coil selection for it here yet. So the deal breaker for me would be..... do you have patches that produce nuggets that have slowed or stopped giving it up? Or are you hunting virgin ground?  If it  is going to HURT the pocket book at 8k then get the 5000 and a few extra coils and save some money and start finding the gold. If 8k isn't an issue get the 7000 and find gold with the confidence there is nothing better for now... 

• Like 4

I love my GPZ best of any of the detectors I have owned. My love is not perfect. The machine is heavy, even with Chris' hipstick and doc's bungy...and it was very expensive even with a discount.

I love having only one coil that will detect tiny gold, deep gol, big gold...BUT, I am still waiting for a really big piece-it will come! 

I really liked my 5000.  I and it were becoming one...until the GPZ came into being...if I had to go back I would get another but stay out of the every coil for every size race...I like simple.

my small answer to a big question

fred

• Like 2

IMHO the GPZ 7000 is a much greater step up from the GPX 5000 than the 5000 was from the 4500.  It's the best doggone gold machine I've ever owned and, for me, was money well spent.  That said, the 5000 still is an awesome unit and at $3000 represents quite a value (assuming supporting parts such as batteries will continue being available for several more years into the future).  I still have both my 4500 and my 5000 with all the bells and whistles, but I never use them anymore.  I keep them around for use by family members and/or friends if the day comes when they want to go out with me.  Probably should have sold them long ago, but I just HATE the bother that comes with advertising and selling a used item.

• Like 2

Lots of money can be saved on any detector if you buy used.  I've never sold one of my used detectors but I've bought a couple.

Mitchel

Those are some good honest reviews on the 7000.  :thumbsupanim  Much appreciated.  I have joked in the past about the exploding head syndrome of digging 3 foot holes for a nail over and over again.  But truth be told, this will happen even on the GPX in trashy areas.  I think Cowkiller nailed it on the head.  If you have known patches, I'm sure it is worth it.  Eventually I will cave when I find more patches.  (just don't tell Swamp I said that)

• Like 2