Nugget Shooter Forums

Bit the bullet again

shep

Just sent my 4500 off to Woody for his latest mods. Can’t afford the 7K, didn’t like the 2300, so here we go.

When Minelab ‘couldn’t fix’ my detector some 6-7 years ago, Woody did and made it a lot quieter. Have read every report and think this is the best way to go. Have a brand new EVO 12”.  Sincerely hope I can find something the Ol’ Marine missed, this fall.

Will see you this fall, till then stay cool and safe

• Like 5

I was looking into Woodys mods as well but for 1800 dollars he can stick it where the moon dont shine-:arrowheadsmiley: I bought one of his anti EMI filters and it sure dont work like it did in his video-as a matter of fact everytime I brushed against a bush or something it would make my beeper false really loud :grr01:But at least it only cost me $150 and not $1800 :idunno: Sooo I guess Im stuck with my old Dino 5000 and my Detech- Coiltek elite and NF evo  coils which sure perked it up :head:  Good luck out there and I hope it works out for you Shep  :fingerscrossed: Mike C...:200:

That EVO 12 is going to work out good for you Shep.  Tom and I got one for the 5000 and he said it is enhancing it very well.  See you at the Quartzite Meet Bro. 

Old Tom

11 hours ago, Mike C... said:

I was looking into Woodys mods as well but for 1800 dollars he can stick it where the moon dont shine-:arrowheadsmiley: I bought one of his anti EMI filters and it sure dont work like it did in his video-as a matter of fact everytime I brushed against a bush or something it would make my beeper false really loud :grr01:But at least it only cost me $150 and not $1800 :idunno: Sooo I guess Im stuck with my old Dino 5000 and my Detech- Coiltek elite and NF evo  coils which sure perked it up :head:  Good luck out there and I hope it works out for you Shep  :fingerscrossed: Mike C...:200:

Have you ever opened up your 5k box? I just opened up an Extreme and it had an EMI filter around the coil wire's inside the box, wasn't expecting to see that, I wonder if someone put it there or if thats factory, I cant remember if my SD had one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Have you ever opened up your 5k box? I just opened up an Extreme and it had an EMI filter around the coil wire's inside the box, wasn't expecting to see that, I wonder if someone put it there or if thats factory, I cant remember if my SD had one.

Both my sd2000  and Gp extreme had them-so I guess its factory-make sure its not flopping around in there it can cause false signals-just zip tie it to some other wires in there-I havent opened up my 5000-havent needed to and I dont want to let the MOJO out its been very good to me :head: Mike C...:200:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Both my sd2000  and Gp extreme had them-so I guess its factory-make sure its not flopping around in there it can cause false signals-just zip tie it to some other wires in there-I havent opened up my 5000-havent needed to and I dont want to let the MOJO out its been very good to me :head: Mike C...:200:

Nice tip, I didn't think about making sure it's secure. If anyone was in there prior they could cut the support zip tie for whatever reason and not replace it. 

Shep youll like that 12" EVO, that is my main coil on the 5000 right now, and its sensitive to small targets but also goes deep... the best part its pretty light weight..

Dave.

• Like 2