Nugget Shooter Forums

Different kind of beach find, plus small band..

Found while walking the dune line about a half-mile north of the Cocoa Beach Pier, late afternoon Wed 160713.. Never sounded off or anything.. Wonder if I should have my detector troubleshot..? :inocent:

CCB_Find_US21_Wed160713.jpg

Found this li'l tyke about 10 min later, nearer the pier, at the high tide / dry sand juncture.. Tiny.. Fits over pinky barely, not even to the cuticle.. Unknown materials.. Best guess is bronze with a silverish plating.. 

Gold%20-%20TinyBand160713Wed.jpg 

Swamp

21 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Al I must say that if your detector won't hit on $21 it needs to be check out :89:, good thing your eyes were working correctly!!

I was actually stunned stupid, Skip.. Took my brain a good 10 - 15 seconds to comprehend what it was seeing, since it was so out of place.. Initially I didn't even see the $20 until reaching for the single.. Realized I had a camera with me n figured I better get a shot of this, cos who would believe it otherwise..? Heck, I barely do, and I was there, lol..!

Swamp

Sure beats finding dirty coins as straight to cash with no cleaning or hock shop involved rocks-great finds-John

Thats pretty cool!
  At least you have a renewable hunting field.

Once we clean a area out it only takes a million or so years to renew. Or a really good monsoon will show a few more :)

Tom

5 hours ago, TomH said:

Thats pretty cool!
  At least you have a renewable hunting field.

Once we clean a area out it only takes a million or so years to renew. Or a really good monsoon will show a few more :)

Tom

There's a fair amount of "the grass is always greener..." perspective that comes into play though Tom, because personally I'd much rather be out your way than where I am..

Here's a quick example: Over the course of a month you can go out detecting ten times.. At the end of thirty days would you rather: a) Average $1.27 in change, along with half a smashed Hot Wheels, 65 beer caps / pull tabs and no rings, or, b) Nine days of skunk and on the 10th day pop a .23g nuggie..?

With the exception of this recent run of ehhh rings, ' a ' is an average day in CCB / CC, and that = frustration, to the point of why even bother..? Conversely, ' b ' = sigh, why, grumble, YES!! -- ELATION!! A reason to get up tomorrow to go out n do it again..! It's a no brainer..

Renewables (as in dropped change).. Not like it once was.. The two main reasons: Several years ago the beach vendors began accepting credit cards for any purchase amount, no more $10 minimum.. Folks started leaving their change at home; no reason to drag a pocketfull along.. Currently, as parking continues to get more expensive, Cocoa Beach is in the process of replacing all their parking meters with units that only accept credit cards and dollar bills.. They don't even have a change slot any longer.. Even less reason to have change along.. Thank goodness for tourists..!

Your renourishment method takes over, since it isn't dependent on people's 'help'.. I prefer it, welll, as long as BD & adam aren't leading the pack, lol..! :worship::kap:

Anyhowww -- I know you can't walk out your door to step into the middle of a gold producing location any more than I can now step out mine straight onto a beach.. Travel is involved.. As long as that's a factor I'd much rather be heading toward a probable gold-nugget-producing location than I would a Penthouse Pauper's beach.. Just a bit of reassurance to you is all; heading over the ridge to the next wash instead of around a tent to the next chair line in hopes bubbie had her copy CZ slide off into the sand is definitely the preferrable way to go..

Swamp

Yah, I guess its all about the hunt. At least you can go swim if you get hot....I keep seeing water out in the desert but I cant seem to catch up to it? :)

If your a vet.....you aught to try detecting on some of the military bases beaches.  They are probably not hit as hard.
Tom

When working beaches in kalif I always went , as much as possible anyhow, to the "rich" folks beaches ie; Corona Del Mar,Cabrillo, Palo Verde, Laguna Nigel etc as they always wear that insanely expensive jewelry to show off and lose for us. Jus' sayn' when the going gets tough head for another and smile again. Lots a luck-John

1 hour ago, Hoser John said:

When working beaches in kalif I always went , as much as possible anyhow, to the "rich" folks beaches ie; Corona Del Mar,Cabrillo, Palo Verde, Laguna Nigel etc as they always wear that insanely expensive jewelry to show off and lose for us. Jus' sayn' when the going gets tough head for another and smile again. Lots a luck-John

Exactly, John.. About the only thing Cape Canaveral and South Beach have in common is they're both located on the Atlantic Ocean.. Hence the earlier Penthouse Pauper beach comment.. Except for the Treasure Coast, which is a whole other thing, one really needs to get down to the Jupiter / Palm Beach area and south for potential serious bling on more than an infrequent blind-luck basis..

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al

Same idea different coasts---great minds think alike as experience mandates who, what and where-kudos on cash always-John

On 7/16/2016 at 8:43 AM, Hoser John said:

I used to hunt the Salt River in the Phoenix area after the it was too low for tubing. Found lots of valuable and interesting things. It doesn't always have to be a beach where you find goodies.