Nugget Shooter Forums

Southern Arizona

I thought I would share a few little guys I found south of Tucson on Saturday. It was hot so I took a Cost Co umbrella to cool off under and a couple of bottles of water.

Gold.png

I've considered the umbrella idea too....   :Just_Cuz_06:

That is a nice score for the day.   :thumbsupanim

Interesting choice of background....    :D

WTG !!

Luke

Yowsa!.................nice score dude. 
Did they eat that at the last supper? :ya:

WTG!
Tom H.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomH said:

Yowsa!.................nice score dude. 
Did they eat that at the last supper? :ya:

WTG!
Tom H.

Actually that was the tip, Judas held the poke.

Old Tom

• Like 3

Thanks 

I don't have a scale so I can't weigh them but if I was detecting for the gold value I couldn't even pay for gas. It is just plain fun, when you find them, and even when you don't.

Yeah, but you're also hoping to find a nice patch that will pay a lot more then just the gas. I hunt for fun but also think of hitting the lottery. It doesn't hurt to dream. 

• Like 1

Very nice gold. 

Must have pulled these a three or four hour drive from Phoenix, but the color of the gold is a little different.  Also with the heat we've been having, I can guess they're from the higher elevations.  I've been hoping to get out to one of those sites.

10 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

....and how much does that weigh  ???   LOL    :ROFL:

You would have to drag a dolly around with a bucket of ice water, pump, and battery.....

I actually was thinking about bringing a beach umbrella to one spot, but the fact that it is red, just made it seem like a bad idea for that particular location.

Perhaps if I had a camo umbrella....  :brows:

I could set it up and then have a place to rest my bones and plug in my 'Cool Shirt Water Shirt' to the bucket of ice water.

:D

I don't have a scale so I can't weigh them but if I was detecting for the gold value I couldn't even pay for gas. It is just plain fun, when you find them, and even when you don't.

Man....I hear that! When your out detecting all day....sweating your butt off,:hiker: and at the end of the day you get a little dink:th:.....its like YES!!!!! This was worth it!!! I found it:yesss:...Its yellow!! :):ya:
GL to you in the future.

Tom H.

Edited by TomH
  • Like 2

Dont ask me why it did 4 posts!!??

Tom H.

Hey Luke

I saw those or similar a few years ago. I know we cant all just go. but when its this hot, go north young man. :D AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

Here is something I use in the field, soak it with water, and man it sure does help....

Dave

cooling.jpg

• Like 3

I don't know Bob, it's not as hot as Az but dang. It's been mid to upper 90s in this part of the North. Too flipping hot for us.

But hey its a dry heat...haha.

• Like 1

OK! Now they named a town after Bill? Southern AZ? I have been to nowhere AZ, Its a wide spot in the road, with a building, when there, Your in the middle of Nowhere. Ha! Ha! Grubstake

• Like 3

Nice finds fishing 8046
Ya ever try night hunting? I dont generally prospect at night but I do slow hunt known spots at night.

Hey Dan
Ya Its been a dry 110-112 down here.It sucks. I look forward to the monsoons, makes it muggy but hey that's where a lot of the new gold comes from! AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

Ditto on the monsoons, AzNuggetBob.  Waiting patiently for some key washes to get stirred up again :th_rain-umbrella:   Great for night hunts.