Nugget Shooter Forums

20" NF round finds a .63 gram 6 inches down

Just a heads up on the larger coils....I have a 20" coil I have been trying to sell, but today made me realize I should just keep it. Most of the time I use a 15x 9 ellip...coil for my everyday hunting. I decided to put on the 20 just to get some depth and to see if there are any lunkers. I went to a spot I have found gold before , so I started scanning the ground and heard a whisper of signal a low to high but short rather than a long woo wee. I dug down a few inches and was now positive it was not ground noise, dug another 3 or so inches and found a small .63 gram piece with it.  A few years back I found a 15 gram at 22 inches !! Shes staying with me.... :)

.63.jpg

Edited by Relichunter2016
  • Like 6

Awesome !!   I like to see that one cleaned up.    :D

Never hurts to have options.    :thumbsupanim

Cool fingerprint too....  

Luke

• Like 1

WTG R2016, it amazes me how small a nugget a large coil is capable of finding. When I have the room to swing a large coil like the clean

area where the water has receded at the lake I use a 19" DD. 

Glad you rescued that beauty. 

• Like 1

NICE!!! Please post a pic with it cleaned up.

Glad you didnt sell the coil and got over it. 

Big coil=big holes! :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

So true, I had a number of coils but many of them went bad, so I am left with the 15x9 and the 20, and nothing in between. So just recently I scored a brand new Commander 11' Mono on Ebay for 60 bucks ! Need to get the option list up...next buy will be a new tech coil maybe a 15". 

Garipmo, I have found with the large coil such as the 20..is to move it extremely slow in order to hear the smaller pieces at depth and larger of course. And a lower gain to reduce ground noise. I had mine gain at 10, stab at 8 and seems to work fine in my area. I also found that a smooth threshold is the key with the larger ones....

Tom,

Yeah I am glad to, to replace it would be over 500 bucks.....better take it off Ebay right now before someone snags it.:ROFL:...at 299.00 I am surprised it did not sell..:arrowheadsmiley:...

Way cool, Relichunter.  I tested .62g on a 22"Coiltek and could only see it 4" depth.  I typically get the best depth on Sensitive Xtra or Fine.  On the flip side I was testing depth on a 23g nugget and was surprised to find that Enhanced timing gave a little clear signal than most timings at depth.  But it had to be very slow as you pointed out.  I had never experimented with this timing much.  Go figure.   

Anyways, that nugget is a beauty!!  You're way more patient than me.  I've tried numerous times to see my gold while it's insitu.  But unfortunately my excitement gets the better of me.:ROFL:

• Like 1

Common!!!! Lets see it cleaned up??? :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

Andy...when I use the 20"   my sweep from left to right and left again takes around 8 seconds. I have noticed if I go faster I will not hear the target. If I was hunting larger nuggets I would speed up the sweep just a bit..but not so much. Another cool thing I like about larger coils is I like the smooth threshold, on the other hand it does pick up more EMI than than the smaller coils..especially around noon.

Tom, I will post the little nugget soon, my camera needs a charge.  Good Hunting to you all.....

Fred

• Like 1