Nugget Shooter Forums

Well that didn't take long...

LukeJ

Fortunately.   :4chsmu1:

So I met up with Dean this morning for a daylight hunt in the Bradshaws.  Temps were awesome until the sun crept over the horizon.  Still, it wasn't bad overall.

We went to a spot he had mentioned before, and as it turned out, I'd been in the area a few months back.

Dean got one after the first couple hours with his 4500, and I got one as the last target of the day.  :wee: 

It was in the center of the gully, down in the decomposing ash/clay bedrock.  I spent a few minutes pushing it around until I got it in the scoop.

I'm pretty impressed with the SDC.  I can't know for sure, but I'd doubt my SPP would have heard this one.

He got the prize for biggest nugget of the day, but I'm not complaining.  My 'nugget' broke the scales at a whopping .05g !!   :yesss:

Best of all, no one got skunked.   Thanks again Dean !

Luke

1st hunt with Dean.jpg

1st SDC gold in scoop.jpg

1st SDC gold.jpg

• Like 7

Nice going Luke, getting to know that machine pretty good now. 

Old Tom

• Like 1

WTG Luke! 
Keep it up.....bring that good luck to the camp out :)
Tom

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I thought I heard the sound of ice cracking.. :4chsmu1:

As in 'breaking the ice' or 'hell freezin'...     :arrowheadsmiley:

Yeah, just like they say, the SDC is pretty easy to 'learn'...    :head:

It ignores hot rocks and ground mineralization really well.  So far, every verifiable signal was a target retrieved.

Having very few controls makes it a real turn on and go machine.  Not much thought of having the 'settings' adjusted properly.

So far, it just seems to be immune to ground conditions, which is probably the biggest advantage over the detector I was using before.

Can't wait for the next time around !!

2 hours ago, TomH said:

Keep it up.....bring that good luck to the camp out :)

Fingers crossed Tom...    :fl:

Thanks everyone...   :D  Happy to be part of the club.

Luke

Oh yeah.  Nice find, Luke!  I see plenty of gold in your future with that machine and your perseverance.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Morlock said:

What's an SPP?:idunno:

Sierra Pulse Pro.  It's a White's PI detector.  It's the simplified version of the TDI SL.  The pulse delay is set at 10ms and is just intended for nugget shooting.

Not many were made and even fewer are being used as far as I know.  Jimmy Sierra had something to do with it too.

Yeah, Mark, it sure was nice seeing that little tiny nugget at the end of the day...    :D

It was a bit farther from the truck than 'normal'.  I guess it was time to break the mold. 

Although, I could drive the truck closer next time....     :Just_Cuz_06:

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, boulder dash said:

How deep was it Luke? Good start!!!

I had to move about an inch and a half of overburden to expose the 'bedrock'.  Then I had to use my screwdriver to break the bedrock, and I didn't have to go more than an inch deep.  The bedrock material was rather soft and easy to crumble.  It's the white material in the scoop with the nugget.

Good job on the nugget. Pay attention to the type of ground you are suscessfull in and it will come in handy later. Type of bedrock, associated stones, color of dirt and possible contact zones. Also in most gold districts the variables are different so a little luck goes a long way. Good luck in the future. 

AJ

• Like 1

On 7/11/2016 at 1:54 PM, LukeJ said:

As in 'breaking the ice' or 'hell freezin'...     :arrowheadsmiley:

Luke

As in 'breaking the ice', of course..
I have a really good feeling about you & that SDC.. Methinks you've just cracked open the nuggie flood gates.. I suggest waders over top of your snake guards.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp

• Like 1

Thank you Swamp !!    I've got a good feeling as well.   :4chsmu1:

Thanks to you too, AJ...   and the rest...   :D

This was the third location in Arizona where I've found detectable gold.  Each one happens to be completely different from the last.

I definitely learned a few things the other day and will always look at that type of 'dirt' differently from now on.

Luke

On 7/11/2016 at 2:57 PM, AZMark said:

Nice!!!

It's larger than I thought based on your description.

The big question is, was it within 20 feet of the truck??

So you're like a hundredaire now. :D

hundredaire < new word. :thumbsupanim AzNuggetBob

15 hours ago, adam said:

Nice pieces !!  Are those handstacks  in the last pic ?

Adam when I see hand stacks and No signs of detector holes, I get excited. AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

Yep...   there were handstacks in the area.   :thumbsupanim    .....and we were standing next to one when the picture was taken.

From what I understood, many people have been through there over the years.

The handstacks were well made.  Tough to say if they were constructed a few years ago, or a few decades.

Looking forward to stopping in there again !!

Luke