Nugget Shooter Forums

Nice Specimen From Canada

My buddy Jason up north just pulled this out of the mountains. No specific gravity test yet, but the scratch test is above 18k. 

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

That is awesome.

I hope this was a sample from a vein.  If so, he may have found the source for all that glacial gold.

Very Niceeeeee :thumbsupanim Mike C...:200:

That is sweeeeet!! Awesome find.

While there may be a few out there that would find that chunk collectible , practicality suggests dolly it up, smelting it and cashing out or storing ...My 2cents

On 7/1/2016 at 0:09 AM, Uncle Ron said:

While there may be a few out there that would find that chunk collectible , practicality suggests dolly it up, smelting it and cashing out or storing ...My 2cents

I think it is going to be sliced for cabs Unc. 

1 hour ago, Terry Soloman said:

I think it is going to be sliced for cabs Unc. 

Keep us posted on the final outcome if you would thanks, Terry.. I can't tell from here what the host material is, but it doesn't look like it would hold a cut or cab very well.. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen gold speci jewelry in any matrix other than (bleached) quartz.. Could be interesting, but sounds too dark...

Swamp

I can't tell from photo what the host matrix is, but it doesn't look hard enough to hold together for cutting ... But, what the heck, you can try it and, if it doesn't cab up nice, you can always dolly it up and smelt it ... Still an impressive piece just for the gold content ...  It would be hard to do a SG test on it because it looks like a jumble of mineralization ... Good luck with it ... And thanks for sharinging! ... Cheers, Unc

I will post more on it when I get the info. Jason is out in the mountains now and it is pretty rugged. He flies in and out with a Robinson 44 Helicopter, and sometimes gets weathered in for several weeks. 

Can't wait to see what a slice looks like.......

Cab it is the way I would go and if it is to crumbly then you could always use a stabilizer like whats used on turquoise and other rock thats not stable enough to make into a cab  :popcorn: Mike C...:head:

14 hours ago, El Dorado said:

Can't wait to see what a slice looks like.......

You were the FIRST person I thought of when he called me Steve! 

Archived