Nugget Shooter Forums

I was out at night and into the day to rescue these 6 nuggets (1.2g) from the heat.  When I left it was about 110!  Back in Santa Monica it was 73.

The larger nugget is .5g and was down about 9 inches.  The others weren't that deep.

The nuggets like it here better.

Mitchel

IMG_6730.JPG

Edited by mn90403
  • Like 9

Glad you rescued those boogers Mitch.  I can take 110 around home but in the desert it's a no, no.  Don't push yourself too far Bro. 

Old Tom

• Like 1

These were all 7000 nuggets found in the Southern California desert so it doesn't really make it an Arizona scorcher.  It got down to a balmy 80 for the low!  I was never more than 100 yards from the car so I could get a drink any time.  It didn't start to feel like a blast furnace until after 1 PM and I was DONE by 2 ... you always want just one more ...

• Like 2

WTG Mitchel! :yesss:

Got to give it to you for getting out there and sweating to the goldies :)
GL to you

Tom

• Like 2
4 hours ago, fredmason said:

nice gold Mitchel...you have earned those nuggets for sure! Did you see any rattlesnakes?

fred

Fred,

No snakes ... just horned toads, lizards (skinks) and fire ants!  Also very little trash or I might wait for cooler weather.

Great Finds Mitchel... congrats..
Dave

• Like 1
12 hours ago, H-2 Charlie said:

Way to go Mitchell .

Would lue's SD2300 unit picked up on those pieces  ?

We'll see!

Way to go, Mitchell.  I love hunting by moon. It is the only way to hunt in the summer heat.  You don't even have to wear a hat.   Just make sure you wear scarf around your neck in case a mountain lion goes for your neck while your back is turned picking up nuggets.   :hide:  Ha...Ha... 

• Like 1
On 6/29/2016 at 9:17 PM, mn90403 said:

I was out at night and into the day to rescue these 6 nuggets (1.2g) from the heat.  When I left it was about 110!  Back in Santa Monica it was 73.

The larger nugget is .5g and was down about 9 inches.  The others weren't that deep.

The nuggets like it here better.

Mitchel

IMG_6730.JPG

great job

they come out & run across the ground when its hot lol

11 hours ago, Andyy said:

Way to go, Mitchell.  I love hunting by moon. It is the only way to hunt in the summer heat.  You don't even have to wear a hat.   Just make sure you wear scarf around your neck in case a mountain lion goes for your neck while your back is turned picking up nuggets.   :hide:  Ha...Ha... 

They make kevlar scarves now..? Kewl..! :rolleyes: :4chsmu1:

Swamp

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

They make kevlar scarves now..? Kewl..! :rolleyes: :4chsmu1:

Swamp

Actually they sorta do Al..., but I don't think it will help with the crushing power of a Mountain Lion's jaws biting down on the back of your neck!!

https://www.amazon.com/Hatch-Centurion-Kevlar-Protection-Black/dp/B001F6C7JA

Hatch Centurion Kevlar Neck Protection

Slash protection for your throat, neck, and larynx. Designed to be worn with the Centurion and/or ExoTech riot suits. 100% 7 oz. Kevlar. One-Size-Fits-All.

Hatch Centurion Kevlar Neck Protection, One Size, Black

• Like 2