Nugget Shooter Forums

Hot Trip Planned

mn90403

I'm going to be going on a trip around northern Arizona/southern Utah July 14-19.  The trip is from Las Vegas to Flagstaff and see Jerome, Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, (maybe Holbrook), Petrified Forest, Antelope Canyon, The Wave, Big Bend and Monument Valley (full moon)!  I won't bore you with the specific schedule.

Are there any places around these areas you would add to this list?

Mitchel

If your in Jerome just before sunset, Go to the Haunted hamburger, sit on the outside porch and watch one of Gods most beautiful sunsets in the valleys and mountains the porch overlooks. 

Enjoy your trip!, sounds like a fun one.

Tom

If your going to Meteor Crater, then i would suggest stopping at Two Guns. Some neat ruins there and it's right off the highway, most people fly by and don't even see it. Have a good trip sounds like it will be!:thumbsupanim

8 minutes ago, Hoser John said:

Chains NP has some amazing climbs/hikes and yes with chains...John

Chains National PArk?  Huh? Link?

Ok,found it  Somehwere around Glen CAnyn DAm

11 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Theres a haunted Hotel in Jerome stay the night there-forgot the name of it but seen it on a show called ghost adventures-Have fun :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

I hope you don't believe in ghosts.:cry2:

If so, booooooooooooo !!!!

On 6/28/2016 at 7:20 AM, clay said:

Chains? Not a National Park. Just an attraction at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.

If you want to go to the "Wave" you will need to enter a lottery four months in advance. There are no slots available this summer. If you already won the lottery enjoy the hike.

Clay,

There is a lottery for 10 the day before.  We have to be at Knab at 9 AM and enter.  Chances are less than 10% we are told.

Mitchel

On 6/28/2016 at 11:14 AM, Swampstomper Al said:

Sounds like a fun loop..!
Assuming y'all doing the North Rim, not the Village, right..?

Swamp

I have run across the canyon from the south to the north two times.  We left at dawn and got there about noon and waited for a bus to take us back.  Some in our group turned around and ran back but I wasn't that crazy! (over 40 miles).

We'll be at the village with lots of others this time of year.