Nugget Shooter Forums

Still at it ......Photos are up !

Wanted to share a few photos from the last few days .....Hope everyone is being safe and hydrated if your working the desert areas like we are...These are random photo`s, but I will describe them briefly   :oregonian_winesmiley:

I beeped this little nugster in a wash recently, plus there is a cool mineral specimen I haven`t had time to identify .... 

IMG_8851_zpsbjf8qejv.jpg

A bear in the lower desert???  Fresh prints too!   Desperate for water maybe?    

IMG_8900_zpspng9g0vg.jpg

A different area pays in extremely coarse nuggets fresh from the source. Boulderdash and I scored these ..  :yesss:  Maybe a half OZ or better shown

IMG_8914_zpsuj3bznyp.jpg

Near Yarnell, an airbus fly`s through smoke preparing to drop retardent.  

IMG_8830_zps6f6n9cos.jpg

Played tourist the other day ....long way down there :tisk-tisk:

IMG_8855_zpssrx0zoo0.jpg

Edited by adam
  • Like 5

Thanks for posting Adam!

Love all the rough nuggets, the one that really stands out is the one dendritic nugget :thumbsupanim, looks to be from a different source, was it found with all the rest or in a separate location? 

I had one trail cam set up at a spring a couple miles away...Heres a few photos  from that as well...kinda neat...

This one is entertaining...The dear sticking his tongue out at the camera ....

06030377_zpsaha0h4wj.jpg 

What is this ???

06030663_zpskmcxofus.jpg

Heres a cool bobcat ?

06061748_zpsshjgd0nr.jpg

These buggers stuck around a while

06071860_zpsp3fqvbr6.jpg

3 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Thanks for posting Adam!

Love all the rough nuggets, the one that really stands out is the one dendritic nugget :thumbsupanim, looks to be from a different source, was it found with all the rest or in a separate location? 

Different location Skip ..Good eye ...Most were found within a hundred feet of a different source though.

• Like 1

Looks like your adventure continues and you're finding enough gold to keep you going. Keep the pictures and stories coming to motivate us. The gold certainly looks very rough, and does not have the red tarnish I find on the gold local to my area.

Looks like a water whole is a good place for a game cam.  I have a whole on my claim and I'm thinking of setting one up now.  The watering whole on my claim is not so much a well as the bottom of a small water fall where the bowl has been worn in the bedrock, and then covered with a few feet of gravel.  I've seen signs of animals digging at it to get what water is there, and even a lot of bees by the water the first year.  To me the Bobcat looks like a desert fox.  Whatever it is, I saw something that looks a lot like it wander down the street by my house.  For the bear, one of the scout leaders said he saw one years ago on a scout camping trip in White Tanks area.

Yes! Awesome gold you guys! :) Really cool pics of the animals and other stuff. 

Might not be living your dream...but your going to have memories to last a life time :)

Tom H. 

13 hours ago, adam said:

plus there is a cool mineral specimen I haven`t had time to identify .... 

IMG_8851_zpsbjf8qejv.jpg

Zircon ???

The unidentified mineral kind of looks like a dobby diamond:

I no longer have the specimen, but it was a soft diamond in even a softer host rock.  The picture in the link above is from Montana.

Awesome photos Adam and sweet gold.

Nice gold and pic's Adam.  Glad you guys are still hitting it big.  I don't know about coming around you fellas anymore with bears in the vicinity.  Besides I'm a little ticked at you for trying to poison me with that beer you sent down. :4chsmu1:

Old Tom

• Like 1

Nice gold Adam
You guys always come back with great photos too.
As far as your grey rock, looks like it could be Galena?? hard to say without further testing.
best of luck on more of those pesky gold rocks that seem to be clogging up your drywasher.:thumbsupanim
AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 2

Pour some of that shizza you turds gave to me and dad in a bowl and they will be dead over in the next gully...:2mo5pow:
Tom H.

Nice gold, Adam, I agree with AU Seeker about the nugget sitting at about 11 o'clock in that picture!

As for the unknown creature, I was thinking a civet cat, but you can't see the tail.  I googled (images) and was schooled in how many color variations there are.

Here is a photo that resembles your picture, at least the general head, leg, and foot shape.

Image result for civet cat

I don't know, however, if they are found in the area you were in or not. ?

Greg

I was thinking it was a ringtailed cat but the one in the picture has smaller ears.

• Like 1

When you think about it...I dont know how any animal lives out in the desert in this heat!
Tom