Nugget Shooter Forums

BLM Forms New Division

The Bureau of Land Management has announced the formation of new division of Security, Protection and Intelligence. The new division is being created months after Ammon Bundy led dozens of armed anti-federal-lands activists in seizing the unoccupied Malheur National  Wildlife Refuge in Oregon. It’s unclear to what extent the new BLM law enforcement post is connected to the Malheur incident or to the general rise in anti-federal-lands activity in the rural West.

This new department will operate independently of the already existing BLM Department of Law Enforcement and Protection under Director Salvatore Lauro, it will also operate independent of the Department of the Interiors (BLM’s mother agency) according to James Gallagher Director of Intelligence for the Department of Interior. In fact it is quite unclear as to who will have oversight over this new department or who authorized it’s creation. In calls to BLM public affairs officers they were unaware of the creation of the new division. Contact with Oregon Representative Greg Walden’s office and Utah Senator Mike Lee’s office led to similar results. We are awaiting comment from individuals in those office

Read more...

http://www.americanlandscouncil.org/blm_forms_new_division 

Created specifically to infiltrate, monitor and destroy from within the principals behind the already rapidly emerging black market dealing solely in illegally removed antiquities pull tabs, don't we wish it was this laughable and non-threatening -- which it definitely isn't.. :hide: :barnie: :41:

Swamp

BLM and intelligence :th: OMG laughed so hard I almost peed as NEVER should those 2 words be uttered in the same sentence. Gestapo is here and the bootjacks are a coming. That's ok as prepared 24/ 7. How in the name of God can these idjets just upn' and decide we need a army?? SIC SIC SIC crappola :old::2mo5pow: John

Who made this story up?

Looking around the internet it looks like it came from those fun loving folk in the Jefferson Mining district. Certainly not a real BLM thing.

In real BLM speak an S.P.I. is a STATEMENT OF PROGRAMMATIC INVOLVEMENT. An SPI is all about paperwork for federal grant money and nothing about intelligence.

I'm looking for work.  If the rumor were true, I'd like to work in the SPI for it to be Fair and Balanced. 

I'm sure SPI has been talked about around the water cooler at the BLM, but I doubt our lawmakers would do this.  I believe this is actually the Federal Protective Service https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Protective_Service_(United_States.  The FPS is intended for federal buildings, but with a few more agents, they could start to protect all our land.

8 hours ago, homefire said:

Protecting from the people who own it ?

Of course. There are endangered and extinct plants and animals out there that need protection. There are rules for people and people need to be observed so nobody breaks them. Then, when they find out they can't enforce the law, they close the roads and put up fences like they should be doing at the border.  

Now Slim that is downright poor taste to speak of that fine organization in that manner! The government in whatever form is only there to protect us ... from ourselves! :old:LOL! Did I really say that :evil1: :inocent: ... it must be a slow day and the wind blowing to hard to take the kayak out fishing! :rasberry: