Nugget Shooter Forums

HELP!!! Can anyone tell me what these rocks are, I can't find out.

Need more and better photos, this one photo is just not enough to try and ID this specimen.

Give us one of the entire specimen and few others from different angles and lighting, the more photos you can post the better the chances someone can tell you what it is.

Fluorite is the cubic purple crystals. The silver plates in the last picture is Muscovite. It is hard to tell what the red mineral is in the last picture but my guess is Garnet. Closer pictures showing the crystal structure would help.

In answer to how can I sell them, your first inquiry did not indicate you wanted to sell them.  The pictures do not show how large the specimens are in size.  If you want to sell them then you must establish how large they are with good photos from all directions with a ruler to show size and then establish what you want for them.  You might look at ebay or other sites to establish what they might be worth.  You could contact your local rock and gem club to get them appraised.  Where are you located and did you attempt to contact someone near you for an appraisal.   Your last picture is good but it does not show size which is important in value. Think about these things and then you might be able to sell them. 

For how much you can sell them, I start my internet search by going to E-Bay and Google and typing in what I think I have and look for similar products.  In your case, maybe amethyst  geodes or fluorite crystals.  Value varies a lot and some or all of these sellers are selling it so much more than you can actually quickly sell it for.

Mineral wise, I have found nothing worth my while.  Going to an area that I heard has muscovite, so I did the internet search and found it was worth $100 to $500 per ton processed into a powder.  Nothing I can mine myself.  I'd also been finding some yellow rock occasionally I thought was uranium, got a price like that per ton, but found out it was for the processed ore and not the rock itself. so the pebbles I find, if in fact its what I think it is are nearly worthless.

I am not a rockhound, but I am looking for gems and other minerals as I prospect.

Nice finds!  Did you find those up in N AZ?  Not sure of the scale, but those Fluorite crystals look big.