Nugget Shooter Forums

My Meteorite Hunting Documentary

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to meteorite hunting. To this point I've focused on mostly gold, coins, relics etc. Over the course of the past couple years, I began to dedicate more and more of my time to learning the ropes. Meteorites fascinate me to say the least. I'm currently in the process of making a documentary of our most recent meteorite hunting adventure. It's geared more for people that maybe haven't ever heard of meteorite hunting but I think the seasoned vets might get a kick out of it too. If anything, you'll be entertained by us thinking we're meteorite hunters or maybe you'll just enjoy some of the collections we got to see. I hope you enjoy the sneak peek. 

Looks like a fun time, Tonester..
I realize you're a busy guy n all, but who isn't these days..? Sure would be nice if you'd stop by every now n again to leave a regular hunt report or a comment or three about other's too rather than this sales pitch-y thing you've been sliding into around here lately though, know wot I mean..?

Swamp

Not a TV show. Just a video that I'm putting together about our experience learning, hunting and finding meteorites. It will be available to view on YouTube this fall. Just thought maybe you all might like to watch it. If you click on the photo above, you'll be able to watch the trailer. 

Edited by Dr.Tones

30 minutes ago, Dr.Tones said:

Not a TV show. Just a video that I'm putting together about our experience learning, hunting and finding meteorites.

Definitely looks like y'all have been having fun with it so far.. I'll be checkin' it out when if gets posted..

You know, you conducted seminars at at least a couple of the Gold Shows so far this year.. Unless you're obligated to an article in one of the mags, why don't you open a new thread n tell us a bit about the experience..? Was this your first year as a speaker..? Which locations did you use as your main good time hunts..? Were audience questions sane or completely out there..? Etc., etc..

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al

Hey Dr Tones,

Looks like a cool video, say hi to Geoff for me.... Also say hi to Leo Aranza, hes a good friend also, I think you guys have been doing the GPAA shows, but hes been working the booths. Hope you guys find some good stuff.

Dave.

Great idea swamp! So far I've only had the privilege of speaking at the Vegas show (where I finally got to meet Leo, DolanDave) but next weekend I'll be speaking and the Boise show and then at the Denver show. I'll try to do a thread on my experiences so and then I'll update it as we proceed. ? Meantime, I'd better get back to editing my 1000's of hours of video logged from the meteorite trip ?

Dr.Tones -- Changin' gears here for a sec: Just wonderin' if you've received valuation yet on the stater you unearthed across the pond..? Superbly excellent find, btw..! :yesss:

Swamp

• 3 months later...