Nugget Shooter Forums

Rye Patch

Morlock

Anyone finding anything at Rye Patch lately?  That's one of the best areas I've ever hunted when I lived in Lovelock back in the 80's and early 90's. Haven't been there in many,many years. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The known areas have been pounded, flogged, beaten and worked to death but a little gold is still found. The problem is that the gold doesn't grow back after it's been dug.

15 hours ago, Reno Chris said:

The known areas have been pounded, flogged, beaten and worked to death but a little gold is still found. The problem is that the gold doesn't grow back after it's been dug.

Maybe we could ask Stephen Hawking how to make some more. :yesss::yesss:

8 hours ago, Morlock said:

Maybe we could ask Stephen Hawking how to make some more. :yesss::yesss:

No need.. Simply re-seed with heirloom..
Those friggin' GMO gold seeds won't germinate unless planted the same year ya buy them.. :2mo5pow:

Swamp

Just throw the small nuggies back so they can grow into big nuggies.?

Chris is right, it's been hammered by every machine ever made. BUT there are people out there still banging a lot of nuggets. Patients and boots on the ground will score you some gold. I'll probably hit it in a few weeks. 

Dan

I agree with Swampstomper Al
Well sort of, you just have to plant the right seeds of knowledge,

toss in a little luck and dont let your pick get rusty.:th::D
AzNuggetBob

OK That was my quick 3 step for well known beat to death patch program. I also have a 12 step. No Its not for quitters.
as a matter of fact the results may vary and it won't cure gold fever,

usually just makes it worse.:arrowheadsmiley::D
AzNuggetBob

Questions ...

Is rye patch well known for dry washing success  ?

Are there nuggets deep down as well in rye patch ?

What are a few well monters known to be caught out of rye patch ?

Never been there yet  but hoping soon guys .

As I recall,many years ago some one found a 12 ozer or thereabouts....I believe Tesoro had it in their newsletter/magazine...(this is all from my worn memory files...)

I dug some pretty deep nuggets away from Rye patch...never actually detected in RYE Patch proper....

fred

On 6/3/2016 at 1:43 PM, fredmason said:

As I recall,many years ago some one found a 12 ozer or thereabouts....I believe Tesoro had it in their newsletter/magazine...(this is all from my worn memory files...)

I dug some pretty deep nuggets away from Rye patch...never actually detected in RYE Patch proper....

fred

I agree Fred accept I heard it was more like ten oz. even still that would break the record for that particular type of crystallization nugget of 7 oz.s reported found down in Brazil. shown below.

AzNuggetBob

Huge chevron nugget 217 grams about 7 oz..jpg

By the way I dont think these nuggets are formed in quartz (proper) but grow in a host rock Vug out of solution. :brows::4chsmu1:

AzNuggetBob

13 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

I agree Fred accept I heard it was more like ten oz. even still that would break the record for that particular type of crystallization nugget of 7 oz.s reported found down in Brazil. shown below.

AzNuggetBob

Huge chevron nugget 217 grams about 7 oz..jpg

That's a classic specimen. I believe it was sold or auctioned off in the last five years or so but can't remember what it brought. 

These types of specimens bring so much $$$$, a few people have tried to make counterfeits to sell to rich mineral collectors.

On 6/3/2016 at 11:51 AM, H-2 Charlie said:

Questions ...

Is rye patch well known for dry washing success  ?

Are there nuggets deep down as well in rye patch ?

What are a few well monters known to be caught out of rye patch ?

Never been there yet  but hoping soon guys .

H-2 Charlie
The answers to your questions is Yes.
I never did any dry-washing there but I saw others that did well.
And I've seen some big nuggets come out of there.

14 hours ago, Morlock said:

That's a classic specimen. I believe it was sold or auctioned off in the last five years or so but can't remember what it brought. 

These types of specimens bring so much $$$$, a few people have tried to make counterfeits to sell to rich mineral collectors.

Morlock
I worked in a lab a few years ago and one of the things we toyed with was creating gold and silver crystals. but it wasn't to create fakes,and creating big crystals is not why we were there.
I cant get into why its proprietary info.
but we never did figure out how to create the Chevron at least when I worked there. Possible, I think so.you could probably lost wax cast it too.
except after one or two the same size people may start to catch on.:D
but I do know if you broke it down with spectrographic analysis it would be easy to spot the cast fake anyway as long as you know what to look for.

AzNuggetBob

You can create nice, solid silver crystals with chevron features via electrolysis. Not exactly like chevrons but similar to them. I wanted to experiment with that process but never had a place to set it up. Could have made some very interesting crystals if the process were perfected and would have brought good money. I would have told everyone they were lab made and still would have sold well.

If you wanted to duplicate a chevron nugget or any nugget for that matter, they make all types of rubber molding mixtures used to create the forms for lost wax casting but I'm too honest for that. No doubt people do it and unlikely to get caught unless the buyers get suspicious and have lab run tests like you say.

This may answer some of your questions.

AzNuggetBob

I watched that when it originally aired on NGTV and a few times since. That process is entirely different from what's needed to grow silver crystals. 

I think there's  a few factors that come into play. The first is voltage. The second may be anode-cathode. The third is the electrolyte composition. Fourth may be concentration of electrolyte. Last is patience and time.

If someone wanted to do this, I'm sure you could contact some college with an electrochemical program and find someone to assist you without having to start from scratch. I strongly advise that this be an outdoor project and not an indoor one.

Morlock
I agree with you on several of your comments including electrolyte composition. not sure if you are aware of this but with the correct chemical composition,
electrolyte solution can be positively charged or negatively charged.under the right conditions the end result can be a chemical flash deposition of metal with no addition of electric current at all.
and yes I agree if your going to toy with this unless you know what your doing I highly recommend you do it outside and on a very small scale. AzNuggetBob

This would have to be someone else's project, not mine. I could never get away with it without garnering the attention of very nosy neighbors and city officials.

On 6/1/2016 at 9:32 AM, nugget108 said:

. Patients and boots on the ground will score you some gold. 

Dan

:4chsmu1:Personally, I think they should stay in the hospital- until better- no matter how good their boots.

Beepologists hear better when healthy, anyway.

FWIW.  "beepologist"  does not have a  registered owner on the WEB

Haha patience. Good catch.

You should copyright that before someone else does. ?

6 hours ago, weaver hillbille said:

:4chsmu1:Personally, I think they should stay in the hospital- until better- no matter how good their boots.

Beepologists hear better when healthy, anyway.

FWIW.  "beepologist"  does not have a  registered owner on the WEB

weaver hillbille
Are you a domainer too.:4chsmu1:
AzNuggetBob

4 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

weaver hillbille
Are you a domainer too.:4chsmu1:
AzNuggetBob

NOpe,  hate office work,,,,,,,,,but per chance, I checked it out as soon as my brainhousing group came up with it.  

Have at it. I don't want it, just thought it unique, with all the treasure oriented shows on the Boob, that no one has a claim on it.

Archived