Nugget Shooter Forums

P O'd on Memorial Day

A young Verizon salesman just rang my doorbell, ON MEMORIAL DAY, to tell me about Verizon's new FIOS service. REALLY? I told the kid to tell his supervisor I was outraged that Verizon was sending people door-to-door on MEMORIAL DAY. He looked at me, perplexed, and said "Why?" 

Poor kid. Let's just say I explained it in a way I don't think he will have trouble remembering when he relays my feelings to his higher ups. Am I wrong? Am I too sensitive to the meaning of today? I called Verizon 1-800-922-0204 and got a live person by hitting "0" for an operator. I told the representative to relay my feelings to his supervisor, which he promised to do, and then gave me this address to write to:

Verizon Wireless
ATTN: Correspondence Team
PO Box 5029
Wallingford, CT 06492 

I know stores are open, but should a Company send reps to your DOOR on Christmas day? Hanukka? Memorial Day?  

Sad and angry in White Plains, New York

Terry you did GREAT!!!:thumbsupanim

Not only should Verizon not be doing this on this day:2mo5pow: but I can't believe they're using such antiquated sales tactic as door to door salesmen, don't they know this is 2016!!:nutty:

I can't stand telemarketers or email solicitation, a door to door salesman would sent me over the edge if he knocked on my door no matter what day it was, but doing it today he would be lucky to make out my gate before the dogs caught up with him!! :brows:

Thanks for the number and address!!

Well may have been his chance to make a few dollars. It coudve been lots worse an officer with bad news or a bible thumper there to convert you or someone to tell you were on the list for rotating outage and today was your day in the bucket. BUT thinking about it I dont want a salesman any day of the week knocking on my door!  I might make an exception for a girl scout selling cookies if she had free ice cream to go with it ;)

I was quick to tell the 20-something I was not angry at HIM, but I was at the moron that decided this was a good idea. I then educated the young man on the meaning of Memorial Day. I got a "back door" work around the no email at Verizon, and messaged the guy in charge of Marketing http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios we'll see if his office responds. 

Like I stated above Terry, you did great, the young man is not to blame, it's his superiors and today education system that has fail him, Thanks for educating him on what this day truly means!!

I know many people that use this holiday to go on vacation, I have never been able to forget what this day means so I have refused to ever use it as a "Vacation Day" and it took a while after I got married to get my wife to agree! 

Although I am not particularly a fan of Verizon I can't help thinking that they might have a policy that this young man is ignoring.  I put the real blame on the man's up-bringing or lack of it.  Maybe his parents didn't educate him properly or maybe he didn't have any parents to speak of.  But I do know that if he came to my door today he wouldn't leave without being well educated on the subject. 

The phone has been kind of silent today and I am just waiting to ambush the next sales person that mistakenly happens on my number. 

Old Tom 

Verizon launched an all out attack on loyal customers today as well ... They are turning out to be major a-holes! ... Screw'em ... Cheers, Unc

6 hours ago, Uncle Ron said:

Verizon launched an all out attack on loyal customers today as well ... They are turning out to be major a-holes! ... Screw'em ... Cheers, Unc

HOW-WHERE?? used for over 20 years and never a problem ever??John

Never had a problem with Verizon.   Sixteen years now...

They are probably a bit more expensive than some other carriers, but time after time, my phone works when others' phones do not.

Not sure if they're trying to bug me, since I don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. 

If they don't leave a message, it must not have been important.  Other than that, send me a letter.

It's a service I pay for, so I can regulate it the way I choose.

Same goes for not answering the door for every person who knocks...    :4chsmu1:

I agree that there should be no door to door sales from anyone on a day like Memorial Day.

Some people just don't understand what it's about...    :idunno:

Luke

In the end, I got an email from "The Team" at Verizon. They apologized for disturbing my day of remembrance, thanked me for my service, and said they had relayed my "concerns" to the senior staff. I suppose that is good. I have a Verizon cell, that works in the Weaver's, most of the Bradshaw's, and even in Congress most of the time! It just hit me the wrong way, on the wrong day. Boy was that young man lucky I've had years-and-years of professional help. OK, who wants some iced tea? :thumbsupanim