Nugget Shooter Forums

Saving money on Tires

TomH

Yup, we all need em :)
I usually get mine from Discount. But...........

I decided to try Walmart. For the exact same BFGs KO2s I paid 76 bucks less for two of them.

How? Roadhazard....25 at Discount with a 3/32 limit on tread wear.......10 at walmart with a 2/32 limit

Mounting and balancing....18 at Discount..........9 at walmart.

Tire disposal fee......2.50 at Discount..........0 at walmart.

It all adds up.

Good luck to you all.

Tom H.

I bought cheap tires at Walmart that were recalled for my yukon after the 2 flat incident.  I got the recall notice, drove on em for 6 months then got a free set of ko2s as the replacement.  They offered me several other choices bUT I jumped on the bf goodrich ats!

AAAAAAAH the two flat incident, good times and memories.  Something to tell your kids about, but wait, they were there and so was #1.  I never felt more put out for a guy before.  Just think what might have come about if providence hadn't made you change those tires then. 

Old Tom

I get my tires from Stan the man in Reseda open 7 days a week .

Im getting my mom some kuhmo AT Adventure 235/80-16 installed for $550 OTD   beat that . 2001 F 250 powerstroke FORD

9 hours ago, H-2 Charlie said:

I get my tires from Stan the man in Reseda open 7 days a week .

Im getting my mom some kuhmo AT Adventure 235/80-16 installed for $550 OTD   beat that . 2001 F 250 powerstroke FORD

That's one heckuva good price..!
Last time I shoed my '99 F-250 was $800 & change..

Swamp

I looking at new tires for my Suburban within the next 6 to 9 months, so I will be shopping around for the best price, here in my neck of the woods most Ford dealerships advertise they will beat any price on tires, don't know how my old fateful Suburban will react if I get tires from Ford!!:rolleyes: