Nugget Shooter Forums

I know a guy who says he has 4 1/2lbs of thorium...he wants to know is it worth anything?

Hey Bucket, good to see you back on the forum!!:thumbsupanim

Thorium being a radioactive material I would think you would need some kind of license or permit to sell it, also to sell it as ore I think would be different than selling it as a refined product, but anyway, here's what I found doing a search for the price of Thorium.

https://www.google.com/search?q=thorium&oq=thorium&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=price+of+thorium

My internet research tells me that is a lot of Thorium.  May even be legal to own; however, if it's inhaled or ingested, will cause radiation poisoning.  One article says 8 grams may be able to power a car for life and the amount he's selling is 2000g. 

Does this person who has 4.5 lbs of Thorium mean that he has 4.5 lbs of the pure, metal form of Thorium or 4.5 lbs of TIG Welding electrodes or 4.5 lbs of Monazite, the mineral from which Thorium is produced.  Yellow, Monzaite sands were briefly produced in NC before richer deposits where discovered overseas.

Thanks Skip!! Been a while, kinda got back into the boating, fishing scene for now. This guy says it's more like Monazite 4meter. Where would one go to sell it?