Nugget Shooter Forums

Sunday outing.

Hello all, I made it out with Larry and my boys yesterday for the day. I wanted to try a spot that is just above from where we have been working. The first good finds of the day was an old spoon I dug about 6 inches deep. This is where rechecking your hole is important. In the same hole in found the 1935 mercury dime. Kind of shocked me. Then the boys and I walked up to the top of the ridge and my oldest found a spill of Chinese coins right off the bat. He found 5 in a 2 foot area. I decided to recheck his hole with the 5000. Sure enough there was one down too deep for the x-terra to reach. So 6 coins in one spot. Then I dropped over the ridge with my little guy and we banged the speci. It weighs in at 1.11 ounces. It's an ugly speci so it will probably get crushed and thrown in the vial. That speci was down about 10 inches deep but that 17x11 nugget finder had no problem picking it up. My dad left it here so figured I'd give it a go. I think he lost his coil haha. My little guy and Larry didn't have the best luck yesterday but they had a good time. A great day out with the boys and a good friend. Take care everyone. 

Dan

20160516_075610.jpg

20160516_075659.jpg

20160516_092247.jpg

Edited by nugget108
  • Like 6

Awesome Finds !!

I imagine it's super exciting every time you go out there, knowing what you've found in the past.

That's quite a 'spot'.  Congrats !!

Luke

• Like 1

Yes we always have it in the back of your mind about what we have found. But there are plenty of stinky skunk day in there also haha.

• Like 1

I love the pic of the coin in that clump of sand, Dan.   Classic! 

• Like 1

I'm learning that 5000 really well. It's funny how you learn to pick up on how a machine works and  the best settings for what you are doing. 

Bummer about the ugly speci, Dan.. :ROFL:
Wasn't even 50% gold either, to add insult to injury.. :th:
Rumor has it your son's going to open a Chinese currency exchange.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp

• Like 3

That's funny swamp. I think he has more Chinese money than US money. Hey I'm perfectly happy with a half ounce of gold. Some day I'll find that 1 ounce nugget that I don't have to crush to see all of the gold thats in it haha.

• Like 2

Now that looks like some fun, and 15 grams is a super day!:woot:

I like all the coin finds and the coin in dirt shot makes me want try my hand at coin shooting. If I pick up yet another hobby I will officially blame you nugget!

• Like 3

You know, if it wasn't for the spots we hunted having the coins and gold, I probably wouldn't hunt coins as much. I am getting more and more hooked on the coins though. My boys love finding coins and relics more than chasing nuggets. It's all fun haha.

Dan

Good to see your still hitting them up there. some of the quartz gold up there just doesnt cab well. cant argue with the results when ya crush them. :ROFL::thumbsupanim

I see your finding a lot of Chinese coins, ya got to be hunting around those old Chinese mining camps. are ya finding any tokens from that area. I collect them and Im interested in buying if you have some. PM me. AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

Hi Bob, you know we have not found a single token. Kinda weird. The Ranch that we have permission to hunt is loaded with the coins and other relics. But like I Said, no tokens. If we ever do find one I'll give you a holler. Yeah them specimens don't cab the best. So unless I have one with lots of visible gold, I will crush them.