Nugget Shooter Forums

Day and a half out

TomH

Went out solo thur. and fri. Met up with some friends and did a lot of detecting. It was toasty during the mid day but cool at night and jackets in the morning.

Saw some really cool places, found a dead Hawk, piece of indian something....a old 50 cal. military bullet, and a lot of other small junk. 

No yellow stuff though. But, if it was there I would have found it with the amount of small/birdshot stuff I found.

Great time out with friends and a campfire :)
Tom H. 

SAM_1300.JPG

SAM_1303.JPG

Maybe next time, Tom.  ☺  

I'm currently waiting at the longest lines on earth...  Oops.  I mean "the happiest place on Earth".

We should check out Greaterville here soon....

Luke

Yep, Tom.  I believe if there was yellow there, you'd have found it.  Sounds like you guys had a great time!  

I would have like to go with this time but sleeping on the cold desert floor is not too compatible with my eighty two year old bones.  He did a good job on cleaning up the desert though.  He got into some new country and that's what we are mainly doing now trying to find new areas.  It was a new area that I found my sunbaker in and it's all marked off for future exploration. 

Shep, Jane and John send their regards to you and Patrick as we went to Rebecca's graduation fiesta party.  The subject of you two came up several times and they missed you fellas. 

Old Tom 

• Like 1

Shep....yah I know...hes kind of like my good luck charm :)
Tom H.

3 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Great job cleaning up the desert Tom :thumbsupanim Mike C...:200:

I heard that, for sure..!

My saying for over here, Mitchel probably has something similar:
Sometimes you clean up on the beach; usually you just clean up the beach..

'Just over this sand dune in the next cut..' ( 'borrowed' & altered from TomH.. :4chsmu1: )

Swamp

• Like 1

'Just over this sand dune in the next cut..' ( 'borrowed' & altered from TomH.. :4chsmu1: )

Swamp.................yup...thats the way it is :)
Keep at it and GL to ya.

Tom H.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2016 at 8:54 PM, Swampstomper Al said:

I heard that, for sure..!

My saying for over here, Mitchel probably has something similar:
Sometimes you clean up on the beach; usually you just clean up the beach..

'Just over this sand dune in the next cut..' ( 'borrowed' & altered from TomH.. :4chsmu1: )

Swamp

Actually I had thought about a new public campaign for metal detecting.  We find trash and sometimes something valuable things like jewelry, coins and gold nuggets.  Come out and help us with Desert Clean Up Day!  (Come help us keep all that dirty trash from going into the ocean!)

We need more trash displays on this and all forums.  The forest service, blm and parks NEED us.

Tom is a great example ... oh ... now they want us to leave the old trash in the deserts ... nevermind.

Mitchel

• Like 2