Nugget Shooter Forums

Contest Winners Need Response

Map contest winners, I need to hear from you either by PM here or email me at Ron@az-gold.com ....Here's the winners list:  LukeJ, Oregal1976, My1spooky, JPUIsis, Andyy, Afriscot ... Congrats, guys! ... PM me with your mailing info and real names and your pick of 3 maps each... Cheers, Unc

redmarb.gif

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Uncle Ron, I received mine a couple of days ago when I finally went to the post office. Maybe now I can figure out where I am at while out prospecting. I don't have a GPS and the little maps and directions in the GPAA claims guide are sometimes a bit confusing. Thanks again, John

Some brand of GPS is essential in my opinion...learn to use the UTM system which Unc's maps support and you can get within a few feet of any spot...

They can be bought for only a hundred  bucks or so...

I have many of Unc's maps and use them all the time.

fred

• Like 3

Thanks, Fred... I also find the UTM to be the most accurate and easy to work with in the field ...  You can get within a couple feet of a coordinate with that system, whereas the LatLong puts you within a hundred yards or so! ... Cheers, Unc

Here's a quote from GEOCACHING.COM forum:

"I don't think you can meaningfully say that LatLong OR UTM are "accurate" ... they are simply measuring systems and artificial ones at that. UTM, though, has a granularity of one meter, you can't measure anything closer than that, LatLong, though, can position a spot to as close as however many decimal places you want to waste.

So, using UTM you can get within one meter of whatever you are describing, with LatLong to however close you want. But what's practical? My GPSr claims 7 foot accuracy occasionally. Do I believe it? No. But even at that claimed accuracy it still can't get me beyond UTM's granularity."

UTMs are much easier to use........

• Like 3