Nugget Shooter Forums

Va called me a few weeks ago, said my PSA test was 7.3 critical. Anyone knows what that means? Grubstake

Got to go in on the 12th to see my DR. in Merced, so I'm kind of woundering.

Edited by grubstake

Hey Grubstake, When your psa gets over 4.0 the doc's get worried. 7.3 is pretty high. They will want to do a biopsy to see if it's cancer. Then decide on treatment. I went through this in the past. Any more ????? pm me. Hope this helps D Dog

While I was in my 50’s had a PSA of 7 at 70+ or older that’s may not be too bad but at 50 that was consider worrisome enough for a biopsy. Biopsies are not fun but I snoozed better at night knowing I had no caner. So if possible do the biopsy and be sure. Rolling the clock forward 20+ years my 2015 PSA came back 23, my cancer score was 8 out of 10 that’s very, very worrisome (I was in serious trouble). Thanks to a good team of doctors as of April 2016 my PSA is now 0.138 but I have 4+ years to go before I’m consider cured of cancer.  

Let me know if you have more questions and If you would like we can get together somewhere. I currently give in Lakewood, CA. and maybe we can work something out.

Chuck

AI6OZ (was KG6SYX)

Thanks Guys, the internet does not tell you much, I'm 67 have BPH and had radition on it once about 7 years ago. it was low then, my past three r tests have been in 3.2 range, then all of a sudden it jumps to 7.3. I guess on the 12th I'll see what my DR. says. I do not want to be put through a bunch of stuff. Radiation gave me the runs for 58 days, lost 60 pounds, it was bad. Grubstake

Sorry to hear that, best of luck. Mine jumped from zero to three, so they did some more testing and by the time (1 week later) they scheduled a biopsy it jumped to 14, two days later I was on the table getting cut up.  The cancer I had was made extremely aggressive because of Agent Orange exposure.  Many complain about the VA, I thank them for saving my life by their fast and aggressive attack on my cancer.  It all happened in a two week period.  I was in remission for 5 years when they finally told me I am in the clear, that was 3 years ago

I hope its not cancer, but everything the nurse said when they called me. They were pretty concerned. I know they are going to send me to fresno to the Va to see a urologist. For now its all just a guess. Grubstake

Aaah, the Golden Ages. I have a friend in Elk Grove who had his removed. Good luck Grubby. I have a small lump just below my adam's apple that's coming out on Wednesday.