Nugget Shooter Forums

GPAA Claims

chrisski

Where can I get claims updates to the GPAA 2014 claims mining guide?

I rejoined the GPAA and received the 2014 claims guide with no updates.  I understand there's been a substantial revision to the Maricopa County / Yavapai County in Arizona. 

I took a job out East for about two years, will be back in four weeks, and can't wait to get back to AZ for good.

I would suggest calling or emailing the GPAA's office, not sure how helpful that will be, but only the GPAA can possibly give you current updates for their claims .

http://www.goldprospectors.org/Communication/Contact-Us

Contact Us

If you have a question, please feel free to contact us for assistance.

Mail

Gold Prospectors Association of America
43445 Business Park Drive Suite #113
Temecula, CA 92590

Phone

Toll Free: 800-551-9707 (United States Only)
Local: 951-699-4749

Fax: 951-699-4062

Email

General Information: info@goldprospectors.org
LDMA Information: ldmainfo@goldprospectors.org
Advertising: advertising@goldprospectors.org
Submit a Story: content@goldprospectors.org

Chris -- I have to believe newer editions of the Claims Guide will show all changes from the previous year(s).. Beyond that the only place I know to find them is in the Pick & Shovel Gazette.. What I'm not sure about is if they are archived online..

Swamp

Thanks.  I was hoping there was a claims update letter I was missing.  When I first joined a few years ago, the guide I received came with a claims update letter and a couple of pick and shovel gazettes that had been put out since the claims guide.  And thanks for the phone number to the office.  I had looked on the GPAA site where I re-joined, but they did not have a number for it.  I joined on the internet on Thursday, and my packet was at my door on Monday.  Much better service then I've heard others getting a couple years ago, so things are getting better.

For new claim info, I hear there's facebook or other online things the local GPAA chapters to Phoenix post their info.

I've got my own claim, but I do want to try some different areas and maybe stake another one in the same area.  Aside from being with my family again, the best part about getting back will be when I'm able to leave for one of the claims early in the morning, and get there an hour later, get a couple hours detecting or prospecting in, and wrap it up around 10 am when its getting to be 100 degrees.  If I can get a couple of days, maybe I'll head into the higher elevations and give it a shot up there, whether it's gold prospecting or mineral / gem prospecting.  I went looking for the mythical Castle Road Turquoise placer a couple of times, but came back empty.  I've got a book of mineral location in AZ, and maybe I'll look for some of the crystals.

Chrisski, are you a member of the GPAA forum, if so have you checked or asked there about claim updates?

It's been a while since I was a GPAA forum member, a few years ago when they created the new GPAA website and the new forum all members of the old forum had to re-register to a member of the new forum, which I did but I kept having trouble logging in, error messages everytime I tried, I contacted the Administrator several times to try and solve the issue but to no avail, so I gave up, but if I remember correctly there were certain sections of the new forum that you had to have a GPAA membership to access, and back then before the old forum was shut down they were talking about claims updates on the GPAA member's section/s of the new forum, so if you're not a member register and see if you can get the updates on the forum.   

I did not even know they had a forum.  Seems to be having trouble with the website, so when that gets fixed I will log in.

I had been active on the old GPAA forum.  I thought they had simply dumped the old forum and went to facebook without starting the new one.  When they got rid of the old site, I had gotten my own clam and was working on staking more and also on an association of claims with my partner, so I never really got back into the new GPAA site.  It appears to have a section called GPAA claims and leases, so that should have what I'm looking for.  Until the sites up and running, I won't be able to log and check.  Being on the new GPAA site will help the next few weeks go by until I can get back to Arizona.

9 hours ago, chrisski said:

I did not even know they had a forum.  Seems to be having trouble with the website, so when that gets fixed I will log in.

I had been active on the old GPAA forum.  I thought they had simply dumped the old forum and went to facebook without starting the new one.  When they got rid of the old site, I had gotten my own clam and was working on staking more and also on an association of claims with my partner, so I never really got back into the new GPAA site.  It appears to have a section called GPAA claims and leases, so that should have what I'm looking for.  Until the sites up and running, I won't be able to log and check.  Being on the new GPAA site will help the next few weeks go by until I can get back to Arizona.

When you say... "Seems to be having trouble with the website, so when that gets fixed I will log in." ,...are you having trouble accessing the GPAA website or the forum or registering for the forum or logging in?

I ask because I can go to the website and navigate it with no problems, I can also go to the forum and read all posts other than the ones in the GPAA Member's sections and LDMA sections, I also can see they do have a GPAA Member's section topic titled "MINING GUIDE UPDATES".

The only problem I have with the GPAA website is logging in to the forum, which as mentioned I get the error message.

I haven't had any problems logging onto the GPAA website's Member's section, viewing forum posts, subscribing to topics or anything. In fact, I was able to navigate to the area where past issues of both the GPAA magazine and the Pick & Shovel Gazette are available, with the Gazette containing mining claim updates - scroll down to find the tab to switch publications) have been uploaded for viewing at: http://www.goldprospectors.org/Publications

Repeating error messages might be corrected by clearing the browser's cache, history & cookies, close and then re-start the browser and try to access the site and log on again. I hope that helps!

49 minutes ago, Oregal1976 said:

I haven't had any problems logging onto the GPAA website's Member's section, viewing forum posts, subscribing to topics or anything. In fact, I was able to navigate to the area where past issues of both the GPAA magazine and the Pick & Shovel Gazette are available, with the Gazette containing mining claim updates - scroll down to find the tab to switch publications) have been uploaded for viewing at: http://www.goldprospectors.org/Publications

Repeating error messages might be corrected by clearing the browser's cache, history & cookies, close and then re-start the browser and try to access the site and log on again. I hope that helps!

I have never been able to log-in to the new GPAA forum since day 1 of the new forum going online, I have tried on several different computers at that time and over the years, it's something on the GPAA website's end, I could only contact the Administrator via the old forum which they kept online for around a month before shutting it down, he tried several times to fix the issue and or delete my registration to free up my email address so I could re-register, he finally said he couldn't fix the issue or delete my account and he gave up trying, since I could and still can read the forum content with the exception of the GPAA/LDMA Membership sections I gave up as well, this is not a big deal for me because I'm not nor ever have been a GPAA member because they only have 2 "claims" within my prospecting range and they're over 6 to 8 hours away, 1 has been worked to death and the other no one can dredge in that state any longer so not worth my time going to either claim.

Skip, in your situation it may very well be the lack of membership that is keeping you from being able to log onto the new GPAA website forum. Given your location and circumstances, I wouldn't bother with that either. As for crisski, perhaps he will have better luck at finding updated claims information, once he is able to get logged onto the GPAA website...

I can log into the website now through google chrome, but I still can't read the part of the forum that talks about the individual claims.  I checked my membership info, and it has my member # in there, so I'm not sure what the problem is now.  It's still about four weeks until I'm back in Az, so I'll get it figured out by then,

Thanks for the help.

15 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

I have never been able to log-in to the new GPAA forum since day 1 of the new forum going online, I have tried on several different computers at that time and over the years, it's something on the GPAA website's end, I could only contact the Administrator via the old forum which they kept online for around a month before shutting it down, he tried several times to fix the issue and or delete my registration to free up my email address so I could re-register, he finally said he couldn't fix the issue or delete my account and he gave up trying, since I could and still can read the forum content with the exception of the GPAA/LDMA Membership sections I gave up as well, this is not a big deal for me because I'm not nor ever have been a GPAA member because they only have 2 "claims" within my prospecting range and they're over 6 to 8 hours away, 1 has been worked to death and the other no one can dredge in that state any longer so not worth my time going to either claim.

Who banned dredging? NC or GA? 

Was a GPAA member for one year back in the early '90's---claims in Dahlonega belt were awful. Local clubs had great claims in till development and Corps of Engineers ruined much.

I miss those hills. Sure was a different type of prospecting.

4 hours ago, MacGump said:

Who banned dredging? NC or GA? 

Was a GPAA member for one year back in the early '90's---claims in Dahlonega belt were awful. Local clubs had great claims in till development and Corps of Engineers ruined much.

I miss those hills. Sure was a different type of prospecting.

MacGump,

Tennessee has basically banned dredging and trying hard to ban everything to do with us going out to find a little gold, the Coker Creek GPAA claim and the Buchanan Georgia GPAA claim are the only 2 GPAA "claims" in the Southeast and for the most part the east coast.

If the GPAA had more opportunities/claims here in the east I would have joined years ago, for many years the only GPAA claim in the east was the Buchanan claim.

I forgot all about Coker creek. The Buchanan claim ain't good for nothin'.

Not far from here were some good spots around Dallas, Villa Rica. All private property but I had some ins---lived in Hiram for a few years.

16 hours ago, MacGump said:

Not far from here were some good spots around Dallas, Villa Rica. All private property but I had some ins---lived in Hiram for a few years.

Exactly, that the main reason I've never joined the GPAA, the Buchanan claim at one time many moons ago had some good gold, but it's only so big and it's been worked to death  over the years and I can get to North Carolina as fast or faster than I could get to Buchanan so I could never justify spending time and money going there and now that we can't dredge in Tennessee for the past 2 years there's nothing that the GPAA can offer me in the Southeast or east coast for that matter. 

On 4/29/2016 at 1:24 AM, MacGump said:

Yup, that lower SW reaching of the belt(s) is spotty at best and almost all fines -- .15g is a lunker.. At least it's nice n pure.. Buchanan 'claim' has been beaten to death as noted.. Even Ball Ground, where the club claims are, was never all that great either.. Probably the best producers in the Hiram area are the Allatoona Lake feeders, and since that's USCOE it's pan & shovel only..

As much as I don't want to say this, the truth of the matter is it's become, always has been really, cost prohibitive heading into GA / NC / SC from down here.. For those who live in or really near to producing areas, one can kinda justify purchasing a dredge / high banker / combo.. I could never make that justification, and if ya want to do better than a half-gram to mayyybe a gram on a really good day by hand ya need mechanized equipment..

It has honestly gotten to the point that if I head up into the area and want to come home with more than specks of color I go to Dahlonega and lay my money down at Crisson.. If I don't even want to make the drive, it's their cons I purchase.. Tough to beat stamped-on-site virgin Au from quartz..

Bottom line is I live in FL.. For me to "prospect" without going broke in the process, my finds are going to come from coin shooting and off the beaches.. My big hope is one day beepin' old gold coinage somewhere along the Treasure Coast.. Facts is facts is facts..

Swamp

USCOE really gobbled up lots of good water.

The Chestatee was still worth dredging in till they "annexed" it.

Weekend Gold Miners had some good claims on upper Etowah and just outside Dalhanaga. Don't even know if the exist anymore. 

Before I moved to Brazil a golf course was built on good land. Lousy progress.

Someone had or still has a piece of property in Auraria, Mac.. Can't recall if it was a WEGM, but seems to me 'they' were still at least having meetings over there.. This was a few years ago though, so have no idea what the deal is these days, nor who it was for sure to begin with..

Swamp

WEGM is still in existence.

http://www.weekendgoldminers.com/index.html

They have 2 properties....

http://www.weekendgoldminers.com/Properties/Tesnatee/tesnatee.htm

Tesnatee River Property, about 450 acres with 1 1/2 miles of river bank to bank, prospecting only allowed within the river itself up to a 5 inch (hose size) dredge is allowed,

http://www.weekendgoldminers.com/Properties/Etowah/etowah.htm

Etowah River Property, lease inclues 136 acres with about 1/2 mile of river but only to center line and a couple of feeder streams and numerous cuts a ditches dug by earlier miners, panning, sluicing, highbanking, and dredging allowed, 5" maximum dredge size.

Received an E-Mail from the GPAA today and to find back issues of the PIck and Shovel, they are available on line at the GPAA Forum for those who are members.  Now, I can get all the claim updates since the 2014 guide by going to the GPAA website. I would consider this progress.  The correspondence is below.

"The back issues of the Pick and Shovel are on the web site. You will need to be able to sign, if you do not have an account yet you will need to create one. To create it you will need an active email address in your profile, if you do not have one or do not remember it call customer service. After signing in on website look for the "Learning" tab use scroll down menu and choose Pick and Shovel / Magazine tab. If you come up on the Magazines look for a tab on bottom to go to Pick and Shovels. The Pick and Shovels will have all updates since the 2014 mining guide came out...."