Nugget Shooter Forums

Ever have a Week Like This ?

homefire

We have two car's .  98 Mustang and 93 Eclipse.  

Sunday the Wife had to use AA to tow her home after the Front Caliper Locked up.

Sunday the Clutch goes out on the Eclipse.

Monday my dad calls and says he is going in the hospital to have part of a lung removed do to Cancer.  I have no way to get there.  Both cars are down hard.

Broke a bolt on the Caliper have to cut Caliper off by hand. 

Tuesday.  Dad did good in surgery and is in ICU recovering. 79 years old.

Wednesday.  Still working on the Caliper.  Can't get the darn thing off.

Thursday.  Still sawing on Caliper.

Friday.  Get word Father in Law is sick for unknown reasons.

Saturday.  Father in law Passes Away.   Eclipse has new clutch and we have a ride.

Sunday.  Just sat around the house wondering what to Hell I did that was so Evil to  deserve this chit.

My Condolences, Homefire...

there is a hymn that often brings me a little comfort----Father Along...we'll know all about it...farther along we'll understand why...--

I know in my life I have questioned if there was anything left that could go wrong...yet, I have survived and even thrived...

best wishes

fred

7 hours ago, homefire said:

the Front Caliper Locked up.

Sorry to hear about your pops....

BEsides the pistons jamming in the bores( of the caliper), the flex hoses can  retain  brake pressure if metal crimps that hold them in place rust.. Since rust takes up more space, the hoses can get clamped( by the rust) closed.

Edited by weaver hillbille

6 minutes ago, weaver hillbille said:

Sorry to hear about your pops....

BEsides the pistons jamming in the bores( of the caliper), the flex hoses can  retain  brake pressure if metal crimps that hold them in place rust.. Since rust takes up more space, the hoses can get clamped( by the rust) closed.

If the issue is with hydraulic pressure in the piston bore, drill a hole/s on the outside of the caliper into the piston/s bore/s to release the pressure so the piston/s can release.

16 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

If the issue is with hydraulic pressure in the piston bore, drill a hole/s on the outside of the caliper into the piston/s bore/s to release the pressure so the piston/s can release.

Or crack a bleed screw

Deepest condolences on in laws passing. At least sounds like quick and that's much better, ifn' ya gotta go PLEASE fast. I had a 3 month period when 11 friends died(some killed)mom found out over 1,000 tumors,I found out HepC2b had about done me in ,Dad suicide(6 days before xmas) left me caring for cancer riddled Mom AND that sir is just the beginning. The sun will shine again and life will mellow but we will never be the same. Respect as this too shall pass-John

My mom died in DEC, just a week before her 86th birthday, we put her ashes off the warf in Monterey two weeks ago. Sorry about your dad and father-in-law. life is tough, and if Clinton gets in, its going to get worse. Grubstake

3 hours ago, homefire said:

Yep.   Never Know.  still can't get the dang caliper off.  Thinking Pipe Wrinch. 

Are the retaining bolts froze up? I saw you said you had broken one. Would removing the caliper frame bolts get you anywhere? Without having yours in front of me, I can't be 100% but on ford trucks the entire caliper and frame can be removed as a unit. It doesn't solve the problem...but might make it easier to deal with.

Bolt head is off.   Waiting for a Saws All.   The sucker will come off.!!!!!!!!!!!    Thank You.   Mitubishi is Running .  We have wheels.  Just need time.  

Thank You all for being here with me.\\\
\
I feel like a Burk after what happened today.  A Friend came over and took a look at the Caliper.   Just slid it off and said is this what ya Want ?  The bolt I was trying to get off was not a Bolt but a Stud.    Someone else had thought it was a Bolt and rounded it off. In fact it was a Pivot point and good to go.    The caliper was two parts. Just had to replace the moving part.    Hang my Head in Shame and Happy ass hell it' s  over.    Wicked Wanda is on the Road Again.    It's A Bitchy has a clutch.   Hope it serves my kid learning to Drive.

Edited by homefire