Nugget Shooter Forums

Overlooked Wash

Sonoran Dave

I have driven past this little podunk wash countless times, so I got a wild hair to give it run this morning. After hiking up it about a mile, I ran into some good looking bedrock. My first target was this little fellow. The rest of the targets were junk, but I did find an old black powder rifle ball. Total weight of this monster was a whopping 6 grains:Diggin_a_hole:

At least it's bigger than that teeny specimen I found during the outing:party-smiley-027[1]:

12998308_1071663616227561_1541395823200634538_o.jpg

12419138_1071663619560894_2416881948924791698_o.jpg

Great Dave, makes me feel like going over some of the places we have overlooked.  Check the banks and sides, that bugger got in there somehow. 

Old Tom 

I usually walk past the gold 15 time or more until I finally decide to detect the little areas :)
WTG!!! On the nug :)
Tom H.

Thanks guys! I want to run some dirt from there when it dries out from the recent rain. :brows:

Old timers worked the bottom half of the wash. Some old rock piles and metal whatnots hidden in the bushes. 

TomH...this is the spot I was telling you about at the outing last month. 

Thanks Shay! Did you get the tranny back in the bronco yet?

BD, If anyone could, it would be you! Seriously though, I imagine it would depend on the spot. I would have to dry the paydirt on plastic before my puffer could run it. With a blower you might be just fine. I have very little experience with a blower style washer, so I cant say for sure. :idunno:

nice Dave

7 hours ago, boulder dash said:

Yup we blowers rock when it comes to damp dirt. 

Thats what I've heard. I've got one here, just need to redo the muslin and finish some minor tweaks to it. Just been busy with other things. Trying to save for a 140, but that ain't happening soon. 

6 hours ago, El Dorado said:

nice Dave

Thanks! I'll try and gather a bottle full and send them over to you :D

15 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

Thanks Shay! Did you get the tranny back in the bronco yet?

Eh, no...Pulling the engine now. Needs main bearings. I'll have to wait on the Broken Arrow run for a bit. :cry2:

Archived