Nugget Shooter Forums

Are fish still safe to eat?

According to a recent news broadcast, fish that eat the mosquitos carrying the Zika virus could become carriers of the virus. 

I, personally, don't know this to be truth or fiction, but the plausibility is disheartening.

Cooked I can't see how that would be a Problem.

99.9 % of fish has some sort of Parasite. 

Anything coming from the Far East is a NO GO to me.

Anything coming off the West Coast may Glow in the dark now.

Edited by homefire

Farm raised fish are a no go for me ... fresh wild caught is the only way to go ... and yest FROZEN fresh caught wild is the way to go ... Salmon is a prime example. Farm raised has not nearly the nutritional benefit as wild caught!

Mike F

Proven Fact Farm Raised Oriental fish  or shrimp  are fed Poop.  No Thanks.   Pacific fish now days have 900% back ground radiation levels.  I pass on that too. White Bass from New Mexico Lakes taste Yummy if cooked the same hour cought.  I don't do any thing that smells like fish.  ANYTHING !

Edited by homefire

Good old Consumers Reports stays on top of these problems and is constantly updating info on fish and critters we eat. Farmed is horrendous, oriental even worse as slave labor rescues weekly reported in asia, amazing. So far Zika not mentioned but they leave no possibility open as testing is ongoing. John