Nugget Shooter Forums

First 2016 gold

The weather up this way in Northern Nevada is a bit different from AZ. While you guys are enjoying nice weather in Dec - Jan - Feb., its freezing cold up here and sometimes snow on the ground - Bill can testify of the cold weather we have up this way in late fall and winter. So with all the GPAA shows done (at least the ones I will attend), its time to get out and do some prospecting. It was in the mid 70s and nice during the day, but cold in the upper 30s at night, which is as cold as I want to be in the evening. I will be out a lot more as the weather warms, then when it gets a little too warm, its off to the Sierra Nevada high country. So anyway, my first nugget for 2016 was the bigger one on the right, it weighs 2.3 dwt or 3.5 grams. Total is 3 dwt.

Nice to be back in the swing for prospecting season.

Gold_2016.jpg

• Like 8

Very nice pieces, Chris.  That one on the right is pretty knarley :)

Very nice gold Chris.  I'm a bit out of the loop lately but would like to know what you are swinging these days (for a detector that is).  It just didn't come out right.

I bought your book several months ago and still refer to it constantly.  Great writing.

Find some more!

Bugler

• 1 month later...