Nugget Shooter Forums

Got out for a couple hours this morning.

I went into the vultures today to scout out an area I've had my eye on.  I didn't find any gold but I think im getting the hang if the gpx5k.  I found a tiny little screw maybe from a pair of glasses at about 6 inches with my 14x9 coil.  Took about ten minutes rolling it around before I actually got it in the scoop.  Sometimes I wonder just how much depth and sensitivity do i really need haha, I might have to make a gold bug mini like tom h so I can find my finds in a reasonable amount of time.  

• Like 2

Adam........oh ya....your gonna be digging some really small deep stuff now :)   But, it could be deep yellow stuff! :yesss:

Remember to use that super magnet on the back of the pick. Like I usually dont do :)

Keep at it bud. GL to ya

Tom H.

Its funny using those pick magnets and then lose the target, then go crazy trying to find it, then realize its a piece of wire stuck on the magnet I completely forgot was on the pick.

Maybe I'm the only dumbass thats done that. :arrowheadsmiley:

• Like 1

Nope- definitely not alone in that, AlwaysDirty. :)  

Adam... so you're new to the GPX 5000?  Well you've got a great tool there.  14x9 is one of my favorite coils.  Great for seeing if there is gold in the area.  I have found a .2g piece with it and I know many people say it will get stuff that does not register on the scales.  

Can't wait to see your upcoming gold finds!

Edited by Andyy

8 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Its funny using those pick magnets and then lose the target, then go crazy trying to find it, then realize its a piece of wire stuck on the magnet I completely forgot was on the pick.

LOL....been there and still doing that!! :)
Tom H.

12 hours ago, TomH said:

LOL....been there and still doing that!! :)
Tom H.

21 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Last time we were in Wickernburg I accidentally got two of them suckers stuck together..
Should have them separated any day now.. :yikes::WOW:

j/k, but they definitely wouldn't come apart by any normal means.. Took a vise, pair of vise grips,
hammer and well tapered strong wooden shim to finally get 'em apart.. So yeah, that piece
of thin waxy paper between 'em really does serve a purpose, just so y'all know for sure..

Swamp

I use the edge of my work bench to separate them. I hold one and the other rests on the be bench ... they will slide apart much easier than trying to pull them apart.

Mike F

• Like 1

garimpo ... that is probably a better way than mine as there is no chance for them to reunite your way ... mine ... sometimes two or three tries to get the job done.