Nugget Shooter Forums

New Forum Format

Yo All ... Really kinda hating the new format more and more as the changes continue ..Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Ron...........its more like facebook...I see reply's to messages  going down as now all you have to do is LIKE.

If someone LIKES a post you did...you get a notification....I liked it the old way that it means you got a private message. 

Oh well. im adjusting also.

Did Dody get the recipe I sent you?

Tom H.

Edited by TomH
  • Like 1

don't do farcecrook, twit, tweek or twurk  as 100s of millions of years of evolution let man develop his MOUTH to converse, eat and look up and not down to converse on some insipid device to communicate. Kids, grandkids don't do that crappola at my house. John:old:

• Like 1

I dont do Facbook either but I dont mind the new setup. Seems like more options, pictures look better and it loads faster for me at least, the news feed thingy is neat. I'll keep the change this time. Its an ever changing world we all have to stay on our toes.

• Like 2

Sometimes I cant find "submit reply". But I cant find nuggets either...:4chsmu1: Just keep looking Mark...it's there somewhere. lol

Old Mark says: I remember when the internet was two cans and a piece of string. And text messages were written in the snow...where the huskies go.

Edited by AZMark

Just don't eat any of that yellow snow... Text message? Nah - it was probably just some guy writing his name in the snow... it's a guy thing. :th:

9 hours ago, MacGump said:

It is more mobile friendly.

That was the major purpose of the upgrade by IP, the old format had many problems for mobile users and let face it now-a-days with the latest abilities of mobile phones there are more and more users accessing the internet with their mobile phones as their primary internet tool, like it or not it's the way of the future.

I guess we can blame it all on Star Trek, next big major advancement will be getting beamed too and from the gold fields!!  Free Smiley Beam Me Up ScottyStarTrekBeamUpSmiley.gif        

10 hours ago, grubstake said:

I don't like the new one either, hard to navigate. Grubstake

Gary, exactly what are you having trouble with when you try and navigate the forum? 

For the most part other than looking a bit different navigating the forum is much the same as before.  

51 minutes ago, grubstake said:

Finding the topics, and the whole board menu, And having trouble viewing the store. Grubstake

The Board menu is still the same as before, and when you click on a section the topics are still the same, the store link at the top bar is to subscribing to be a supporting member, etc., that "Store" is only relating to the forum proper.

If by the  "Store", you mean Bill's store/website for selling metal detectors and such, the links and Banner at the extreme top to it from the old forum weren't compatible with the new format and will have to be redone, unfortunately Bill created them before and I don't know how it was done, so Bill would have to recreate them when he finds time to do so.

1 hour ago, grubstake said:

And having trouble viewing the store. Grubstake

I hear ya, Grubstake. I had trouble finding the Nugget Shooter (gear) Store, until I wandered around the forum a bit, found it again and bookmarked the link. The Nugget Shooter store is a separate website and can be accessed directly through that link, without the need to be logged onto the forum. I don't want to get into trouble for posting that link here, but I can tell you how to find it:

From the forum "Home" page, click on the 6th link down, titled: "The Nugget Shooter Store". Pinned to the very top of the page is Bill's post, "Nugget Shooter Main Store Site". Click on that post to open it and you will find the direct link to the store. I recommend saving or bookmarking it to your browser favorites for easier access next time.

Lisa

10 hours ago, LipCa said:

My biggest issue is that three of the best forums have the same look.... boring blue. No individual look. Navigating is no problem.

Harry at this time this is the only theme/color/look here at NuggetShooter, but when I get the time and learn how it's done with this new format we will have the option of changing the "Theme" here at Nuggetshooter to a few choices that each member can set to there own liking of the "Theme" color choices.

At Steve's forum he has already incorporated these Theme options, if you scroll to the bottom center of any page you will see a link..."Theme" , click on that link and you will see 3 options "Normal (Default)" which is the option you see here and at Steve's and Rob's forums, "Color Change", and "Dark", with the "Normal" option what you see is what you get, with either of the other two options you will be able to change them to some degree by clicking on the "Theme Editor" link with the "Color" theme option and "Background Change"  link with the "Dark" option, both of which is a paintbrush icon/link at the top bar of the forum, if you choose the  "Color Change" theme you will have two options to change the forum to your liking, the "Primary' and the "Secondary" colors of the forum, you have 12 colors to choice from in each category, if you choose the "Dark" theme you can only change the background of the forum with 4 other choices.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oregal1976 said:

I hear ya, Grubstake. I had trouble finding the Nugget Shooter (gear) Store, until I wandered around the forum a bit, found it again and bookmarked the link. The Nugget Shooter store is a separate website and can be accessed directly through that link, without the need to be logged onto the forum. I don't want to get into trouble for posting that link here, but I can tell you how to find it:

From the forum "Home" page, click on the 6th link down, titled: "The Nugget Shooter Store". Pinned to the very top of the page is Bill's post, "Nugget Shooter Main Store Site". Click on that post to open it and you will find the direct link to the store. I recommend saving or bookmarking it to your browser favorites for easier access next time.

Lisa

Lisa thanks for the input, it's fine to post a link to Bill's store as he own both the forum and the store, other links to competitors that offers the same products that Bill does at his store and eBay links will be remove as per forum policy.

Here's the link too Bill's store.

http://www.nuggetshooter.com/index.html

• Like 1

Thank you Au Seeker, for that info.

Only have had time to view the forums, not explore.

For some reason, I assumed that would be the admin that would do that, not the user.   Good to know.

Thank you for posting it. I wasn't sure if it would be okay for me to do that - thanks for the clarification! I'm a freelance website designer & webmaster, as well as doing occassional graphic design & photography work for a select group of clients. I don't have any experience specifically with the ipbhost forums beyond member access level and permissions but if there's any way I can be of assistance, I'd be happy to help.

I think you guys need to check your prescriptions. Navigation is just as easy as before. 

Really liking viewing from my phone as well, much better than before. Accidental double posts from phones will be much less likely. Before the emoticons did not show up on my phone and now I have all the options. Loading pictures from the phone is way easier too.

Thanks to Skip for bringing us out of the stone ages. 

4 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

I think you guys need to check your prescriptions. Navigation is just as easy as before. 

Really liking viewing from my phone as well, much better than before. Accidental double posts from phones will be much less likely. Before the emoticons did not show up on my phone and now I have all the options. Loading pictures from the phone is way easier too.

Thanks to Skip for bringing us out of the stone ages. 

The thanks goes to Bill, it's his forum and any major updates/upgrades are for him to make the final call, this update as noticed by everyone was a major update and I didn't want to do it without Bill making the decision and doing the upgrade.

People don't like change generally speaking. We get "used" to doing it "the old way," and just can't figure out why "they" had to go and change it. GUILTY as charged! :stupidrb: I'm still trying to get used to the new digs, but it's pretty classy compared to the old bunk house. Now I just got to find the fridge with all the beer in it! :thumbsupanim