Nugget Shooter Forums

Outing pics!

TomH

Well..........it was a really good time :yesss:

We had about 30-35 people show up. There was gold found and I think the biggest one was 2 grams by CowKiller.

Way too much food as usual on Sat. night:oregonian_winesmiley:

Great time meeting new people and seeing old friends. Bonus!!! I didnt run over anything with the Yoto this time :)

I didnt get a chance to get pics of the gold so if those who found some could post, I know everyone would enjoy seeing it.
Tom H.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Nice gold.

But then too, I can't say I've ever seen gold that wasn't nice either.

Thanks for sharing! :)

We had a blast!  Great pics Tom.  Nice gold cowkiller!  I ended up getting a little prospecting in yesterday with collin.  I only stayed out there for a couple hours but collin beeped 2 little guys within about 15 minutes of getting into the wash.  We ran about 4 buckets through my drywasher and got a little nugget in there.  I haven't panned the cons yet but I didn't get skunked at least haha.

13 minutes ago, boulder dash said:

Have to love Drywashing 

I do, it wasn't the greatest idea to pack it all in there yesterday at noon though.  I seriously almost donated my drywasher to the next guy up that way because I didn't want to carry it back haha.  I never got up into the trib above the waterfall but I'm curious how collin did up there after I left.  Thanks again for the info on that spot.

Now that looks like a great time.

Awesome Cowkiller!

The outing was a bunch of fun! It was great to see you guys again and share some story's.

Here's the two little guys Collin and I grabbed on day two in what I am gonna start calling "newb wash".

56f0b7424ac33_Nuggetshooter16.thumb.jpg.

I really hope collin posts the others he got out of there. Alwaysdirty.   The little one we got in the drywasher was pretty cool looking.  It was about half hematite. He also beeped a peice so small he was convinced there was a bb under it.  And another one like the two in your hand.  He was still going when I left.  I was happy that my gpx was able to hear the little one he found loud and clear before he pulled it from the ground.  I have the cons to go through but I spilled two stroke gas in em and even the rocks float now lol.  Gonna have to get creative to clean em up but there's good fines in there and we didnt even run a vac.

9 minutes ago, Ahorton10 said:

I really hope collin posts the others he got out of there. Alwaysdirty.   The little one we got in the drywasher was pretty cool looking.  It was about half hematite. He also beeped a peice so small he was convinced there was a bb under it.  And another one like the two in your hand.  He was still going when I left.  I was happy that my gpx was able to hear the little one he found loud and clear before he pulled it from the ground.  I have the cons to go through but I spilled two stroke gas in em and even the rocks float now lol.  Gonna have to get creative to clean em up but there's good fines in there and we didnt even run a vac.

ACK!!!!....dump some gas in it and use hot water to clean it after that. WIll get rid of the oil stuff.

Tom H.

Toms and all

It looks like a good outing that we missed.  We can't do everything but I'm glad you sent the pics and showed the gold.

We'll make one of the next outings.

Mitchel and Lu

Great outing ! A big thanks to everyone who was involved in putting it together , and all who contributed to the feast. The food was fantastic !  Good putting faces to user names too......

We played a dirty trick on Bill and karma got me later that day by me landing my hand in a pile of dead cholla cactus, that was fun :grr01:

Mine on the left 1.9 Grams - boulder dash`s on right 3+ grams :brows:  BD stayed and got 9 more on Monday :head:

IMG_8565_zpskyod3ekh.jpg

An in situ pic

IMG_8562_zpsc1bdgyja.jpg

Good Times! 

I had a blast also.  The food was fantastic, the grill at one time looked like a cowboy steak house with all the three inch steaks on it.  Bill did a turkey in his deep fryer and the finished carcass looked like the coyotes got to it.  Chili, beef stew, every kind of salad one could mention.  A ball was had by all and those who missed it will have to wait until next year to experience the 'Jackass Flats' group again. 

There is still a lot of gold in the LSD and some knew just where to look.  The color of that gold sure is pretty I must say.  A few new faces to add to the crowd found gold also.  Snakes were out as it was warm for them and I ran into one under the tailgate of the Toyota after eating lunch.  He didn't stay to eat so I waved goodbye and went back hunting. 

Adam and Boulderdash were in rare spirits at the bonfire and it was just one big laugh session till after midnight.  There was no after hours driving and nothing got run over in camp this year.  :yesss:

Old Tom  :old:

What a great time!! Thanks to Bill and everyone for putting this on and thanks for letting outsiders come join in the fun. What a great group of people, I had a blast and really learned alot about desert prospecting. Thanks so much for all the help , I am so glad I drove down there for this. I will try to post a picture later . Cant wait to get down there again sometime, you guys are awsome!

Collin

14 hours ago, Ahorton10 said:

Hey that was awsome prospecting with you sunday , yeah I went back for a few hours didnt find anything but I had to try, maybe you and your daughter were just good luck. That sucks about the gas spilling :grr01: , I found the little yellow gasket for the gas can , I can send it to you if you want. I will try to post a picture of those little pieces,  Let me know what you end up with on the dry wash cleanup , it looked like some pretty good stuff in there.

14 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Awesome Cowkiller!

The outing was a bunch of fun! It was great to see you guys again and share some story's.

Here's the two little guys Collin and I grabbed on day two in what I am gonna start calling "newb wash".

Nice picture there . Thanks for letting me tag along and showing me the ropes, I really learned alot! "newb wash" thats a good one. Let me know if you can make it up here this summer , we will definitely dredge up some gold!

I had a great time at the outing ... even got a little .51 grammer with the ZEE. The food was great Saturday night and the people were outstanding ... YES ... even you BD when you were harassing me a bit on first meeting you ... all in good fun though! ... You are the KING of the GB2 ... no need to ask help from me! LOL! I hope Max ... My Black Lab ... wasn't too much of a pain in the butt for folks ... I do know he got more than his daily food supply ... seemed like everyone was feeding him something and I paid for it on the ride home Sunday afternoon ... let me just say no vehicle in my entire life ever smelled as bad! LOL! Let's do it again soon folks ... No need to wait until next March ... how about looking forward to a Fall gathering around the end of October?

Alwaysdirty .... Thank you for the buckets ... hope to fill them up this coming weekend!

Mike F

Looks like another great get together is in the books. We really missed being there

7 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

I hope Max ... My Black Lab ... wasn't too much of a pain in the butt for folks ... I do know he got more than his daily food supply ... seemed like everyone was feeding him something and I paid for it on the ride home Sunday afternoon ... let me just say no vehicle in my entire life ever smelled as bad! LOL!

I love Max! And apparently he loved the leftover 1/2 of my NY Strip Steak he snatched right off the plate from my little table before I had a chance to stick it in my cooler for my Sunday lunch. When I reached for my plate and realized it was gone, he came up with his tail wagging and a big ol' grin on his face! haha I just couldn't be mad because he looked so happy. :idunno:

We missed you too El D.  There was a little missing with the absence of a couple of the older farts.  Seems like the gold got distributed around the washes a little this past rainy season.  Some of the newbies' did pretty good for first timers. 

Old Tom

Oregal1976 ... Knew about a lot of 'stuff' that Max ate over the weekend. He started Friday nite by stealing my chicken breast right off my grill in the few seconds I went into the trailer to get the onions and peppers I was going to roast! Fortunately I had one more! The little bugger ate the thing virtually raw and had it swallowed and was walking back around my truck when I emerged back out of the trailer! Sneaky little guy ... and fast! He arrived at the outing with a bit of a waist and left on Sunday a little porker! Yesterday was the first day he 'felt' like moving around very much! OH ... and the gas emitted in the truck on the way home ... well let's say I wanted to put him in the trailer but was afraid in a closed space like that the trailer would blow up as I drove down the road! LMBO!

Anyway don't know who had more fun ... me or the dog! LOL!

BTW ... Just for the record and my curiosity which woman were you at the outing? I don't always associate forum names to those in attendance.

Mike and Max

Archived