Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

Outing pics!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mike Furness said:

BTW ... Just for the record and my curiosity which woman were you at the outing? I don't always associate forum names to those in attendance.

She's the one with the animal control pole huntin' down yer dawg.. :yikes: :WOW: :laught16:

j/k, of course :4chsmu1:

Swamp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like some good times for sure.   Wish I had gold that chunky here in Southern New Mexico.   What were the Temps there this time of year.?  I don't do so good with the high stuff any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, homefire said:

Looks like some good times for sure.   Wish I had gold that chunky here in Southern New Mexico.   What were the Temps there this time of year.?  I don't do so good with the high stuff any more.

Little warmer this year for some reason....high 80s to low 90s.

Tom

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was great for sitting around in the shade drinking beer.  In the washes it was a little warm and you had to drink a lot of water.  Up high the breeze was fantastic and very comfortable.  Dry washing was no problem as the soil dried out and humidity was very low.  There were little or no cloud cover so like I say it was warm in the washes.  Mr. No Shoulders was out in force and you had to be alert for him.  Next year it will be held a little earlier into Feb. to make it more comfortable for us.  I am surprised how LSD renews itself and redistributes the gold like it does.  It's still out there but you are going to be pretty hardy to take it from here on till our winter cools it off. 

   Old Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, women (plural).....  and Patrick was missing......  I knew I shoulda gone.  Rats!

 

Jeff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

Oregal1976 ... Knew about a lot of 'stuff' that Max ate over the weekend. He started Friday nite by stealing my chicken breast right off my grill in the few seconds I went into the trailer to get the onions and peppers I was going to roast! Fortunately I had one more! The little bugger ate the thing virtually raw and had it swallowed and was walking back around my truck when I emerged back out of the trailer! Sneaky little guy ... and fast! He arrived at the outing with a bit of a waist and left on Sunday a little porker! Yesterday was the first day he 'felt' like moving around very much! OH ... and the gas emitted in the truck on the way home ... well let's say I wanted to put him in the trailer but was afraid in a closed space like that the trailer would blow up as I drove down the road! LMBO!

Anyway don't know who had more fun ... me or the dog! LOL!

BTW ... Just for the record and my curiosity which woman were you at the outing? I don't always associate forum names to those in attendance.

Mike and Max

She's the beauty in the beauty and the beast pic. (#7 from top).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AZMark said:

She's the beauty in the beauty and the beast pic.

*blushing!* 'Twas just me & my "bodyguard"... ;-)

Mike, I don't think I was ever properly introduced to you. I had the silver Toyota SUV that Max visited on several occasions; parked right across from Old Tom & Tom H.

Dog farts in ANY confined area can sure be awful. For the record, I never voluntarily contributed to his delinquency - he managed to do it all on his own. Yup... He sure is sneaky & lightening FAST when it comes to meat thievery! He's also a very, very sweet dog with a sense of humor & I like that!

Lisa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

She's the one with the animal control pole huntin' down yer dawg.. :yikes: :WOW: :laught16:

j/k, of course :4chsmu1:

Swamp

ROFLMAO!!! Not a chance! I just couldn't be angry with Max for snatching my leftover steak, when I should have put it into the cooler right away, instead of setting it down on that low camping table.

FYI Al, I was born & raised in that state you live in now! I hunted gators, deer, wild hogs... but never gold! I also watched every NASA launch that I can remember from 1960 to around 1970 & a few after that... live, from across the puddle. It's still a great place to visit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Oregal1976 said:

I also watched every NASA launch that I can remember from 1960 to around 1970 & a few after that... live, from across the puddle.

Very early space program, which is very cool..!
To me, "...across the puddle..." means you were viewing E across the Indian River along US 1.. It could also mean viewing NNE up the Banana River from along the Bee Line, which would be the same view those with visitor passes had/have from the NASA Causeway (the closest an average person could/can get to the {shuttle} launches,) except from 8 or so miles further south.. The absolute best view for any night launch though is from the beach.. I was quite amazed how many folks drove over for this past Tuesday's night launch.. Jammed up like a hurricane evacuation afterwards..

And of course there is no wild gold in FL.. Need to make the drive to at least N GA to get into any..

Swamp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it was a great outing with good times, some nice gold found and lots of FOOD, if you don't believe there was lots of food ask Max!:ROFL:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2016 at 9:19 AM, Swampstomper Al said:

Very early space program, which is very cool..!
To me, "...across the puddle..." means you were viewing E across the Indian River along US 1.. It could also mean viewing NNE up the Banana River from along the Bee Line, which would be the same view those with visitor passes had/have from the NASA Causeway (the closest an average person could/can get to the {shuttle} launches,) except from 8 or so miles further south.. The absolute best view for any night launch though is from the beach.. I was quite amazed how many folks drove over for this past Tuesday's night launch.. Jammed up like a hurricane evacuation afterwards..

And of course there is no wild gold in FL.. Need to make the drive to at least N GA to get into any..

Swamp

Stationed at Patrick AFB I seen every launch but one  while on station..  I was in the shower but could hear the POP COrn sound.   My last day there was the day Challenger Spooged.  We provided Coms for the shuttle.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Lisa ... Oregal1976 ... for putting up with the black four legged thief! You're right ... he is a great dog and a better companion than most people ... fishermen, hunters and prospectors being the exception to the rule! Don't know where he got his stealth training from but it is very well developed! ... Might have something to do with surviving out on the streets of Prescott before I adopted him at four months old. He had been rescued by the Prescott Humane only two weeks previously ... just long enough to be healed from being neutered. sorry we didn't meet officially ... if you are at next year's event we will have to meet and I'll update you on the book of Max wanderings! LOL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

if you are at next year's event we will have to meet and I'll update you on the book of Max wanderings! LOL!

I'm already looking forward to the next event! No doubt Max will have had all sorts of new adventures between now and then. Hopefully so will I. The outing was a great way for me to learn more about gold hunting in the desert environment, the hazards involved and the types of gear and equipment required in order to do it as safely as possible. Even though I've been acquiring the right gear, I'm still a bit apprehensive about going it alone out there. It really makes me wish I had a good canine companion to take along, like I always had in the past. Unfortunately, I just can't bring myself to get another dog and subject it to my current living circumstances in a suburban apartment when sometimes I can barely stand it, myself. Max is a very lucky dog and lives a wonderful life, thanks to your compassion. You are 100% "spot on" as far as dogs being better companions than most people. I still smile when I remember a tee shirt a friend of mine wore years ago, which read: "The more people I meet, the more I LOVE MY DOG!" Ain't that the truth?! LOL! (All fishermen, hunters and prospectors are exempt from that rule, of course!)

This forum has a lot of very good people in it and I truly enjoyed being able to meet some of them and learn from those who have many years of experience in desert nugget hunting. I think it would be very cool to gather as a group more often than once a year. (Just running that thought up the flag pole to see if anybody solutes it.)  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lisa there is usually a fall outing as well, the last fall outing was the first weekend in November, here a link to the topic of that outing, and also a link to photos of the outing.

Click on the titles to visit the topics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Lisa there is usually a fall outing as well

Good to know! Thanks! :yesss:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was indeed a great outing and lots of gold found, heck I even got one. Thanks to all involved and hey Adam it was waaaaaaaaaay too important to you that I look at the paperwork so didn't bite lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again for a great outing Bill! when I first called and asked you about the outing you were very welcoming and it really pushed me over the edge to make the trip down there and I am so glad I did. I had a great time meeting you and talking with you there . Thanks to everyone , you are a really great group of people. I will definitly try to make it to the next one.

Collin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

 

 

1 hour ago, cf23 said:

Thanks again for a great outing Bill! when I first called and asked you about the outing you were very welcoming and it really pushed me over the edge to make the trip down there and I am so glad I did. I had a great time meeting you and talking with you there . Thanks to everyone , you are a really great group of people. I will definitly try to make it to the next one.

Collin

Collin,

Glad you had a good time man, and i`m stoked you found some gold :brows:    It was pretty warm around 3 pm , and it sounds like you pushed right through it...well done !  It is a tough area, but its still there ..:black_knight_standing:

Until next time :oregonian_winesmiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cf23 said:

Thanks again for a great outing Bill! when I first called and asked you about the outing you were very welcoming and it really pushed me over the edge to make the trip down there and I am so glad I did. I had a great time meeting you and talking with you there . Thanks to everyone , you are a really great group of people. I will definitly try to make it to the next one.

Collin

Where's pics of the two pieces you found?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Where's pics of the two pieces you found?

Alright here it is , I wasnt sure about posting it considering all the seriously nice gold people were showing out there but here it is , it looks bigger in the glass vial with water , I am sure you recognize the flatter piece (thanks for letting me have that one) the other chunky one was the one I detected it weighs right at .3 gm , the other little chunky piece was from drywashing with Ahorton (thanks man , I hope the cons clean up good) and the tiny little one I thought I detected  but it must have been some hot rock near it or something because it seems too small to detect but when I pulled it out the signal was gone? also a kind of cool Tourmaline spray from the same area about a large fist size. Anyway Thanks again , you da man!

resize gold.jpg

resizetourm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, adam said:

:200:

Collin,

Glad you had a good time man, and i`m stoked you found some gold :brows:    It was pretty warm around 3 pm , and it sounds like you pushed right through it...well done !  It is a tough area, but its still there ..:black_knight_standing:

Until next time :oregonian_winesmiley:

Thanks Adam ! It was great to meet you,  you guys are fun to hang out with. I wish you could have stayed the last night, it was really cool hanging out with BD , he showed me some crazy pictures and told me about your videos , I watched a few of them , you guys are into some cool sh#t !! that is really inspiring. Yeah the 3 pm heat sounds great right about now , its been snowing for the last three days here and in a few days I will be dredging under the icy cold :200: All the best luck with your future endeavors, that sounds awsome!!

Yep Next time will be great again for sure:thumbsupanim

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collin forgot to add that he got that little tiny peice in the far left of the pic with his gold bug pro.  He thought there was a bb under it.  That was some seriously good shooting!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2016 at 7:12 PM, cf23 said:

Alright here it is , I wasnt sure about posting it considering all the seriously nice gold people were showing out there but here it is , it looks bigger in the glass vial with water , I am sure you recognize the flatter piece (thanks for letting me have that one) the other chunky one was the one I detected it weighs right at .3 gm , the other little chunky piece was from drywashing with Ahorton (thanks man , I hope the cons clean up good) and the tiny little one I thought I detected  but it must have been some hot rock near it or something because it seems too small to detect but when I pulled it out the signal was gone? also a kind of cool Tourmaline spray from the same area about a large fist size. Anyway Thanks again , you da man!

resize gold.jpg

resizetourm.jpg

Sweet! No problem Collin, good times.

Any gold is good gold to post.Lets call that small one detected, That little 5" coil makes a big difference and sounds like you heard it. I'll be expecting some Colorado detected gold from you now. Theres dry gulches up there too with exposed bedrock. Hit it man!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...