Nugget Shooter Forums

Out again

nugget108

Hello everyone. Hope you all are enjoying your sunday. We made it out again today to the spot I found the half ounce speci 2 weeks ago. This time I talked my dad into coming up for a day. My friend Larry FINALLY found his first detector nugget. It weighs in at 2.1 grams and is really solid. I was the next to find one. It weighs in at 4.1 grams. Dad had to get headed home soon since it's a 4 hour drive back to where he lives. So he wanted to give it one more go after we ate a little snack. I pointed out an area I thought would hold a nugget. After an hour or so I heard him yell. He had just found his FIRST minelab nugget. I hurried over to check it out and he was laughing because only a very tiny spec of gold was showing. I cleaned it up and there was a nice sandwich of gold between two quartz slabs. I am really excited for him. It weighs in at 4.8 grams. My boys found alot of cool stuff. My little guy found a VERY RARE 1989 nickel HAHA. He was a little mad when he saw the date. My oldest found some really cool stuff but I still have to get pics. Ok everyone, have a great rest of your weekend. 

I'll post pics when I can. It keeps telling me the upload failed.

Dan 

• Like 9

Sounds like another great day. I bet your dad was pretty stoked. Can't wait to see the pics.

I'll be heading out next weekend. Hoping for my first PI nugget.

Steve

• Like 1

Sounds like another great day out with the family.  Congrats to all !!

Luke

• Like 1

It is really nice to know about the entire family enjoying the day out finding things.  That is as important to the rest of us as your finds.

Keep posting.

• Like 4

Father , good friends and kids, you just can't get any better than that. A fun day with some shine also works for me as I watch the rain/lightning and hail. John

• Like 1

Yeah we are supposed to get the weather for the next couple of days here also. It was a good time HJ. We enjoy the heck out of it when my Pop makes it up.

AWESOME!!! All of you found gold. Thats one of the best times when  you get out like that.

Congrats to all.:yesss:

Tom H.

P.S....you have to edit you pics now with the new forum to make them small enough to upload.

You are correct Swamp. He won't give it up for anything. And your right, It was great company out there. Had a real good time. I really enjoy when my dad can come up and hang out with the boys and i.

• Like 1

Finally got the pics shrunk down to the size needed to post. Here are the pics from last weekend. In the top one with the coin, mine is on the top left. It's 4.1 grams. Larrys is the top right. It's 2.1 grams. And dad's is on the bottom. It's 4.8 grams. If I was to guess, his has about a gram of gold in it. Thanks everyone,  and hope you all had a great easter.

Dan

20160320_150917-1.jpg

20160320_200232-1.jpg

20160320_135008-1-1.jpg

20160320_091443-1-1.jpg

20160320_134951-1.jpg

• Like 5

Now thats cool! :) Thanks for the pics. I only shink them down on the puter...dont even have a cell phone :O
Tom H.

• Like 1

I'm getting to the point to where I wish I didnt have a cell phone haha. Thanks Tom.

49 minutes ago, TomH said:

Now thats cool! :) Thanks for the pics. I only shink them down on the puter...dont even have a cell phone :O
Tom H.

4 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

I'm getting to the point to where I wish I didnt have a cell phone haha. Thanks Tom.

I DO have a cell phone.. Older model tho.. It makes calls.. It receives calls.. That's it.. I think it's analog.. All I know is I need to put a dime into what looks like a USB port before it'll let me dial out.. Every three months a guy from AT&T drops by to switch coin boxes in the battery base.. Last time he was here he gave me a new shoulder bag to hold the battery and base cos it was ripping out through the bottom..

Swamp

PS: Oh -- Nice Au, Dan & crew.. :4chsmu1:

• Like 2

WOW !!

Those are some fine specimens. 

Epic first timer nuggets too...

WTG Fellas     :thumbsupanim

Luke

• Like 2

Here is my boys finds for that weekend. The 3 buttons have the face of a chinese warrior on them. The buckle is really neat also. Then the nugget on the bottom is Larrys all cleaned up.

Dan

20160320_183404-1.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

Edited by nugget108
  • Like 4

Jeez, Dan.  Those are beauties!  Nice work.  And those non-gold finds are sweet as well.  I never run across that stuff.  Wish I did.  Keep 'em coming!

• Like 2

Thanks Andyy. It's pretty fun to find everything close to each other.