Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

Big deep one....

This beauty was found by my good friend Steve, and he blames it on training I gave him on his GPZ 7000 since it was a signal most would have walked past. Thanks for letting me fondle it Steve McDaniel. 1 dwt short of 2 ounces. You have become a nugget shooting force to be reckoned with..... This nugget was over 2 feet deep and found near Quartzsite and the signal was no more than faint weird noise at first so he moved a little dirt and soon a signal showed up in his headset. He said it would have been missed in his prior method of "high gain" hunting. He has been over the same spot before not hearing it at all....

post-3-0-65045300-1457355496_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-39208400-1457355535_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Wow! :yesss::yesss::yesss: 2' deep signal yields 2 oz nug :yesss:

:thumbsupanim WOWZA WOWZA :yesss: Love'm all rough and gnarly, real character to that lunker-tons a au 2 u 2-John :head:

WoW ! its a beauty congrats :head:

Oh my! Talk about character -- that bad boy makes a statement!! Thanks Bill for posting Steve's great find.

Fantastic find..! :yesss:

Swamp

weird signals, silence, or any change should always be investigated...VERY NICE NUGGET!!!

• Like 1

Wow, that baby is gorgeous! Especially for Quartzite. Thanks for sharing.

That is a nice nugget. The surface and depth have helped to hide it from everything except the Zed until now. Without having an interruption in 'smooth' you have a very difficult time finding something like that.

Outstanding .. I love the green on it .

Wow, that baby is gorgeous! Especially for Quartzite. Thanks for sharing.

You're not re-thinking your exploding head syndrome scenario by any chance, are ya..? :4chsmu1:

j/k Andyy.. Merely a fine example of kozmik coincidental timing the two are is all..

Swamp

• Like 1

You're not re-thinking your exploding head syndrome scenario by any chance, are ya..? :4chsmu1:

j/k Andyy.. Merely a fine example of kozmik coincidental timing the two are is all..

Swamp

Yes, the timing is impeccable. But.... no, I can't risk exploding head syndrome....... yet. I'll leave that to the pros.

• Like 1

A rare find and a real treasure for sure! Big congrats to the digger.

Thanks for post Bill!

Forward the congratulations to Steve for finding a NUGGET that propels him into and beyond the 1 ounce club!!! :yesss:

WOW!! Thats awesome. Good shootin Steve.

Nice lump. That's great.

What everyone else said... !!! :ROFL:

Congratulations Steve !!

Every big AZ nugget posted in 2015-2016, mostly all GPZ finds, seem to coming from Quartzsite.

I really need to get out there.

• Like 1

Amazing nugget! Solid.... big respect for finding that bad boy!!!! Cheers, Unc

Very nice find.  I would be very interested to know what settings Steve was using.  I'm assuming his Sensitivity was low.  Would he share the others?

No one set of settings is good for all areas and one must adjust the GPZ 7000 to hunt each new spot it is taken to as with the PI detectors. Each area has it's own set of problems and different mineralization and your detector must be adjusted and fine tuned to work it. The key is learning how to make these adjustments and learn your detector! Yes Steve was hunting with a sensitivity setting of 5 I think he said.

Bill, you are so right.

Seems like the key to this find, other than being in the right place, was hearing that little something that caused the finder to stop and check it out further.  The sensitivity setting was low which worked for him.  The Gold and Ground settings are also important for this, or any situation.  I was just curious as to what he was using at the time of the find.  I have hunted in the Quartzsite area and have always wound up using High Yield and Difficult.  Probably guilty of running at a little higher sensitivity.  Makes one (me) pause and wonder if he, or she, will hear that little something that says "dig" or just keep on walking over a 2 oz. nugget..

At any rate real good shooting..