Nugget Shooter Forums

New Forum Software Update

The forum will be taking on a new look soon with the latest software update, all functions of the forum will be the same but may seem different until you get use to using the functions, this should happen in the next day or so, the new update should make mobile phone users see an improvement in using the forum, this update addresses many issues those using their phone to access the forum may have been experiencing. .

Some of you who have visited Steve's or Rob's forum will already know how the forum will be and function after the update.

If anyone has any issues let me know and we see what we can do to solve them.

Skip

Thanks for all the work you do........Skip.

Tom H.

• Like 4

There is a feature in the 'new look' that goes away. That is the ' view new content.' I use that every time and the other forums that have changed haven't told me how to get that same view in the new forum.

Does anyone know how to go to 'view new content' in the revised forum?

• Like 1

There is a feature in the 'new look' that goes away. That is the ' view new content.' I use that every time and the other forums that have changed haven't told me how to get that same view in the new forum.

I agree I like that feature as well- hopefully it wont go away here as it did on the other 2 forums :nutty: Mike C... :200:

I agree I like that feature as well- hopefully it wont go away here as it did on the other 2 forums :nutty: Mike C... :200:

It is correct that the "View New Content" does not appear after the software update, but instead there is "Unread Content" and is located on the forum differently than where the "View New Content" is located now on the top bar of the forum along with "Forums", "Calendar", "Gallery", "Members", etc., instead "Unread Content" is located on any page at the top and bottom right side along with "Mark site read", the "Unread Content" though it may look a bit different is very much the same as the "View New Content" .

Until the software update is complete I won't know what can be changed, modified or renamed if at all via the Administrator Panel, the Administrator Panel may even be as different as the forum will be, if so it will be a learning curve for the Administrators here at NuggetShooters, but hopefully not that big of a deal, time will tell.

Well, I too like the current format better than the new version ... For some reason, the view new content and the unread posts just don't work the same... I don't know what advantage comes from the new one???? Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

Much of the advantage will be in the background and in security and we have no choice but to stay current with our server for these reasons. Like it this way myself, but.... As Skip said I started the process yesterday and our server will make the change in a couple days.

• Like 1

I have been on the other forums and found a 'view' that is acceptable. It is the the 'sort by' start date rather than update. You can find those sort options just above the first posting.

As you know most data is sorted in tables so if you select a column that you like then it can be 'arranged' the way you want it. It seems that the 'default' sort is custom. I don't know what that is yet but maybe I'll figure it out.

Ok, on custom there is an option for 'today' and last 5 days and down at the bottom is last login. So, there is a way to make a custom view similar to the present forum. I'll have to use it a bit and see if it skips anything I would like to read in the old way.

Edited by mn90403