Nugget Shooter Forums

First Nugget(s) with the SDC2300

Third time out was a charm! Got out to one of my spots yesterday and my second target, no more than 4" down was a nice 3.3 grammer.... my 4th target was deep down in a watery crack that I left in place cause i didnt have my crack tools with me. (I honestly almost forgot about it!) I returned a couple hrs later with my crevice tool and after 30mins of mucking around I managed to get it out and it was a nice little .3g! Pretty stoked, im shocked that these pieces were still in that area as this spot has been worked over by me and countless others... Im loving the SDC...

On a related note.. Has anyone out there using the sdc found any nuggets that have produced a Low/Hi tone??? These, and all my test nuggets up to an ounce, produce a HI/low tone. Tiny pieces of sheet metal, wire, lead all produce HI/low but all the larger Pieces of iron, nails, wire, bi-metal slugs, thick sheet metal,etc, produce LOW/hi.... Just curious if anyone has found a LOW/hi nug, and what the circumstances were... I am a total beginner with the minelabs, so thanks again to all you seasoned PI swingers, Iv learned a lot! Cheers!

post-27787-0-79916400-1457197651_thumb.j

post-27787-0-87960500-1457197684_thumb.j

post-27787-0-87852300-1457197701_thumb.j

• Like 4

NICE!!! :yesss:
Congrats on the nuggets.

Ive had a low/ high a couple of times on gold using my 5000.

One was sandwiched between hematite.

The other one is so solid it did it also.

Either that or it has some magnatite in the middle or something.

Really nice finds, hope you find some more in that spot.
Tom H.

• Like 1

Couple of really nice nuggets you got there... :thumbsupanim

Keep it up, there's more out there !!

Luke

• Like 1

Very nice gold, Micro.... On both my 4500 and my SD2100 nuggets over a half ounce have produced a low/high tone...Smaller ones do high low... WTG on those nuggets! Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Nice finds and yes I have tagged a couple odd shaped nuggets that had the reversed signal, but though I do try to guess from time to time I dig everything I hear and much I am not sure I heard. Love the new ZVT (Zero Voltage Transmission) technology and it is very different from PI (Pulse Induction) in many ways and once mastered is amazing in depth and sensitivity on all targets.

• Like 2

My GPZ7000 sniffed out a deep 5.5g with a reverse signal. It was found in an area with a lot of magnetite. Though not visible on the outer crust I am assuming that there may be an internal seam of some related metal such as manganese to account for the lo-hi as the nugget is not in the least attracted to a magnet. On another occasion in a totally different area I got an unusually sharp lo-hi signal from a sub-gram nugg. However, since it was recovered very near the trunk of a Joshua Tree I attribute the lo-hi signal to the rootball of the Joshua Tree (Joshua Trees commonly cause a lo-hi response for all the Minelab PIs I have owned, but not as sharp as the when I found the small nugg). Thanks for sharing your experience and bringing up some food for thought.

• Like 2