Nugget Shooter Forums

Off to Gold Basin today

azdigger

Heading to Gold Basin today for some drywashing or running a recirculating sluice.

Got to get some cons so I can try out my new Miller table.

Report when I return.

Hope it works out for you Rick.

Tom H.

Found a little and I do mean "little" bit...I think the Recirculating sluice was not set up right.

Going to go again but will take my drywasher if we don't get a lot of rain.

Good luck!
Dont think the rain thing is going to happen.
Tom H.

When I use a recirculating sluice, I need to muck out the water a lot. For every five gallons of dirt I run, I get a gallon of muck. The set ups I run have a bigger bin where the sluice dumps the tailings and the top of it goes into a smaller bin where the water pump takes it up to the sluice.

I also bring a lot of spare water. The smaller set up I take at least 25 gallons of water. Each bucket of dry dirt I dig will suck up about two gallons of water when it goes through the sluice. That the muck I dig out and the tailings I remove, all absorbs that water disappears quickly.

I was panning at lynx creek before and found I had smaller gold floating in the mucky water I was trying to pan, so I take as much care as I can.

When I use a recirculating sluice, I need to muck out the water a lot. For every five gallons of dirt I run, I get a gallon of muck. The set ups I run have a bigger bin where the sluice dumps the tailings and the top of it goes into a smaller bin where the water pump takes it up to the sluice.

I also bring a lot of spare water. The smaller set up I take at least 25 gallons of water. Each bucket of dry dirt I dig will suck up about two gallons of water when it goes through the sluice. That the muck I dig out and the tailings I remove, all absorbs that water disappears quickly.

I was panning at lynx creek before and found I had smaller gold floating in the mucky water I was trying to pan, so I take as much care as I can.

Sounds like a big PITA....No thanks!