Nugget Shooter Forums

Some of New Mexicos finest nugs....

Caliche Chris

I was over at a friends the other day. It's a guy who has taught me a lot and showed me some great spots and techniques for getting gold. Some of you probably remember him, used to be on here a lot, bedrock Bob was his username. He has done a lot of mining around here and the other day he broke out his collection and showed me some of the stuff he's saved. Needless to say I was blown away. There was a lot of gorgeous gold but I had to get and share a pic of these, luckily he let me hold them and snap a pic. These came from a hard rock deposit, in Hillsboro New Mexico. They were digging into a vein, that was showing good color, and they hit a pocket about 15 feet from the surface. Here's a few pieces of the gold they took out of there.

post-26514-0-68621800-1456341102_thumb.jpost-26514-0-62723500-1456341133_thumb.j

Nice gold Chris ... Bob knows his stuff! ... and you learned well based on what you have posted! Miss some of his 'rants' here ... most were tongue in cheek but misunderstood so upset a few understandably. He has a great deal of knowledge. Please give him a howdy from me ... also ... we had a couple good discussions about reloading beside the gold and politics!

Mike F