Nugget Shooter Forums

Evening everyone, I have a question for you coiltek users. I got a goldstalker 14 inch round mono a couple of months ago. I wanted a big coil for the 5000 to get the deeper speci nuggets up here. It has a major falsing problem. It is so touch sensitive. Just wondering if they are all like that or if there is something wrong with this coil. It's my first coiltek. Thanks everybody and have a good rest of your weekend.

Dan

Evening everyone, I have a question for you coiltek users. I got a goldstalker 14 inch round mono a couple of months ago. I wanted a big coil for the 5000 to get the deeper speci nuggets up here. It has a major falsing problem. It is so touch sensitive. Just wondering if they are all like that or if there is something wrong with this coil. It's my first coiltek. Thanks everybody and have a good rest of your weekend.

Dan

Was it new or used?

Tom

It was used, but barely and it was well taken care of by the looks.

Hi that was a common problem with the coilteks for a while some were good some were not :idunno: -I purchased a coiltek 16 rnd mono from a fellow forum member here looked like it was hardly used-the first time I took it out it falsed like mad :grr01: -I couldnt even use it :nutty: -sooooo when ever I purchase a used older style coiltek the first question I ask is does it false at all-Lesson learned :tisk-tisk: :Unfortunatly you bought it used so now its yours or maybe your seller will take it back Good Luck- Mike C... :200:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 1

Hey Adam. Seen that one a few times. I'm a subscriber. I might try that out. Good idea.

Don't be afraid to contact Coiltek. They went out of their way to solve a problem I had. Customer service of the highest level. Patrick

Great idea Patrick....Definately worth a contacting Coiltek, before tearing into it....

• Like 1

Dan - I did the exact same thing. Wanted a coil to go deeper and 14" coiltek was the idea. Got mine new. Problem is, the first 200+ or so made had loose wire that caused it to false. Mine was like #250-per the serial #. It still had the problem. I tried doing what Adam had in the video and for the life of me I could not separate the two halves. Maybe I am not that patient but it didn't seem like it was ever meant to come apart again. I ended up completely destroying mine :) $200 out the window. So at that point I kept my eye out for a new one and the 14" Coiltek Elites came out. They are wound differently to go deeper and get smaller gold than the typical 14". A short time afterwards Nuggetfinder came out with the EVO. I think they just reverse engineered what Coiltek did except I believe they potted all of the wire so you'd never have the loose wire problem again.

Long story short, I love my camouflage Coiltek Elite. I have found my largest gold with it.

• Like 2

The way he embedded his coil in silicon or some such substance is basically how Coiltek beds their water proof coils. They

start with a one piece shell that is open on the bottom side, then they lay the wiring in and fill the cavity with epoxy. That's why

I buy a water proof coil every time if one is available. Their sturdy, never false's and well worth the little extra money. Coiltek as

far as I know were the only ones making water proof coils until Detech came along. I have two of their coils, good quality work

and never a problem in over a year. I use their water proof DD most of the time.

Patrick is right on about the excellent service from Coiltek. A few years ago Coiltek had a 19" round open DD they had

discontinued but they sold me their demo. The airlines stacked freight on top of it and caused the coil wire inside to separate. I told

Coiltek about it and they found another one from one of their dealers and shipped it to me at no charges to me. Great service

and I still use that coil.

Dan - I did the exact same thing. Wanted a coil to go deeper and 14" coiltek was the idea. Got mine new. Problem is, the first 200+ or so made had loose wire that caused it to false. Mine was like #250-per the serial #. It still had the problem. I tried doing what Adam had in the video and for the life of me I could not separate the two halves. Maybe I am not that patient but it didn't seem like it was ever meant to come apart again. I ended up completely destroying mine :) $200 out the window. So at that point I kept my eye out for a new one and the 14" Coiltek Elites came out. They are wound differently to go deeper and get smaller gold than the typical 14". A short time afterwards Nuggetfinder came out with the EVO. I think they just reverse engineered what Coiltek did except I believe they potted all of the wire so you'd never have the loose wire problem again.

Long story short, I love my camouflage Coiltek Elite. I have found my largest gold with it.

I did the same thing-Ive taken other coils apart in the past but that darn golstalker was next to impossible to open up-maybe they should have used some of the glue they used on the coil shell for the inards :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C... :200: PS-I have the 11 and 14 elites and seem to be great coils with no falsing at all-super sensitive :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Awesome. Thanks everybody for the replies. I will mess around with it and maybe call coiltek to see if they can help me out in any way. If not, oh well I guess. Thanks guys.

Dan

• Like 1