Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clay

Weaver Club Gone?

I'm wondering if Weaver is still selling memberships?

They have lost all but two of their claims and one of those is behind the gate. 640 acres around Rich Hill now closed, seems they are down to 40 acres total now. :grr01:

Has anyone gotten notice from them or is their office even open?

THe last I recall reading on the board, shenanigans were afoot in their treasury.

It dampened membership, I would assume( and apparently).

It wasn't lack of money that closed the claims. The full fees were already paid. It was a lack of:

1. The signature of one of the locators. Lucille Kelly couldn't sign because she passed away 16 years ago. Why the club didn't find her heir and get their signature is a mystery.

2. Not presenting proof of discovery when offered the opportunity. It's my understanding that proof of discovery exists for at least some of those claims. Why Weaver management didn't give them to BLM is unknown to me.

3. The failure to offer more locators or to file amendments of the claims to save them.

The club was given plenty of time (nearly 7 months) to do what was needed to keep the claims but they did nothing. The BLM returned the nearly $5,000 in fees for the closed claims a few weeks ago. I don't know who got the money.

I'm sure there is a story behind these closures but that story has nothing to do with a lack of money or club members. In the meantime there are a bunch of club members without claims to prospect on.

So is the Weaver office still open? Are they still taking money for membership?

This literally makes me sick to my stomach. To see all the work of many throughout many years to provide a mining experience shot in the arse due to laziness and NO dedication. I've seen this happen repeatedly(unfortunately) way too many times. One generation provides and the next screws it all up. The OC 49rs lost a dozen river/desert claims and the Shasta Miners same lazy stupidity as to process and procedure and kaput some of the best grounds I busted arse on getting ,spent all my own cash, and long gone sic sic sic ...John

We went to the Weaver Club office at the Frog Rock Cafe the weekend before this last one.

I was told they had moved a few years back to a new location, the old trading post on the right where they hold the impromptu flea market on weekends it seems.

A note on the door there said to call a man named Dan.

Called Dan, explained I wanted to purchase a membership.

Told me it was $75. I told him I didn't have that much cash on me to which he said he would take a personal check that I had.

He gave us directions to his home.

Off we went.

Couldn't find his home.

Tried to call him back several times but kept on getting this strange message on not pushing the "send" button, etc.

Never got through to him.

Gave up, came home.

Sorta glad it all happened the way it did now.

If anyone is interested, Dan's number is 928-427-3844.

The End.

I was at the trading post a few weeks back----bad vibe going on.

Bad enough that I kept my 75 bucks.

We went to the Weaver Club office at the Frog Rock Cafe the weekend before this last one.

I was told they had moved a few years back to a new location, the old trading post on the right where they hold the impromptu flea market on weekends it seems...

It's discouraging hearing about Weaver's faux pas -- ok, just make that total screw up..

My curiosity is about where the Weaver office is right now..

When last out in 2011 the office was on Rt 89 N on the right immediately prior to the gas station and dollar store

at the SE & NE corners of the crossroad in Congress right before the painted frog on the left.. I don't believe

the food & drink place there being called the Frog Rock Cafe..

When thinking we'd be able to come out last year (or the year before) we Googled Weaver Mining and found out

the office had been moved.. There was a rough map to the new location, which was not on Rt 89 nor did it appear

to be directly along the crossroad either.. I'm pretty sure the map showed it being E & S of the Rt 89 location,

because I remember being 'surprised' it wasn't located somewhere across the highway in 'greater Congress..'

AZ*GOLD -- Since I can't envision 'the old trading post on the right / impromptu flea market' location from your

wording, which to me actually sounds like where I just described, would you: a) Give a better location description

to where you'd stopped, and b) inform which door you found the note upon..? Can't decipher if you went to the

2nd location or not from your write-up.. Thanks,,

Swamp

PS: Did I mention how utterly stoopid the Weaver principals were/are..? Hope someone(s) deserving claim..

The club was never right after Les passed away. A few clubs have broken up or gone bust over the years at Rich Hill, and one was just a ripoff from the start with claims in the LSD. Gotta be careful, lucky.

post-22152-0-71473100-1455580315_thumb.j post-22152-0-08905500-1455580356_thumb.j

It's discouraging hearing about Weaver's faux pas -- ok, just make that total screw up..

My curiosity is about where the Weaver office is right now..

When last out in 2011 the office was on Rt 89 N on the right immediately prior to the gas station and dollar store

at the SE & NE corners of the crossroad in Congress right before the painted frog on the left.. I don't believe

the food & drink place there being called the Frog Rock Cafe..

When thinking we'd be able to come out last year (or the year before) we Googled Weaver Mining and found out

the office had been moved.. There was a rough map to the new location, which was not on Rt 89 nor did it appear

to be directly along the crossroad either.. I'm pretty sure the map showed it being E & S of the Rt 89 location,

because I remember being 'surprised' it wasn't located somewhere across the highway in 'greater Congress..'

AZ*GOLD -- Since I can't envision 'the old trading post on the right / impromptu flea market' location from your

wording, which to me actually sounds like where I just described, would you: a) Give a better location description

to where you'd stopped, and b) inform which door you found the note upon..? Can't decipher if you went to the

2nd location or not from your write-up.. Thanks,,

Swamp

PS: Did I mention how utterly stoopid the Weaver principals were/are..? Hope someone(s) deserving claim..

Swamp, you and I are talking about the same place so far as where the "present" office is purported to be located. As you are heading north on RT89, the "office" is the last building on the right before the gas station/Family Dollar store.

There's some sort of sign on the outside of the run down white building that said was the location of the original trading post in the area. While I was there at the building there was a small flea market of sorts and I asked someone there if they knew anything about the club. From where we stood at the front of the building, they said the man who was in charge of memberships lived in the direction of a low level white water tank we could see at the foot of a hill that was north west of where we were.

The note with instructions to call "Dan" with regards to memberships for the Weaver District Club was in the window in the front of this building. He said to come to his house, Weaver Mountain Estates(?), to purchase a membership. His directions led us in the same direction as the water tank that someone had pointed out to us. Some how we got twisted around and with lousy Verizon cell phone coverage I couldn't get back in touch with "Dan" to find him.

Back in early 2008 as I recall, the bar up the road at the time was called the "Frog Rock Grill". http://foodio54.com/restaurant/Congress-AZ/99b99/Frog-Rock-Grill

This is where a gentleman named Les had the club office and I purchased a membership from him at that time.

What's interesting, when I went to make sure the bar was named Frog Rock, a "mining expedition" site showed up at the same location : http://www.frontiergoldprospecting.com/ I didn't see any sign of such an organization when I went to the bar to query about the Weaver club nor did anyone I asked there say anything about them. It's such a small place I'm sure that anyone there would have known about it if it was still there. In fact, it was at the bar where the barmaid told me about Weaver's "new" location back up the road.

The "Frontier Gold Prospecting" web site says it has been around since 2013.

Could this be an "offshoot" of the Weaver Club?

Just like in the old days, it seems that mining the miners still has the best return on investment if you don't have a conscience.

Thanks much, AZG..

I was wondering if info on the 'new' location mentioned pre-dated 2011, and it does..

2013 sounds right for their move I was talking about, but I know nothing about Frontier..

Perhaps Uncle Ron or one of the other guys knows, and if they wish to enlighten..? No biggie,

just might tie together a few loose ends is all..

Terry: I know exactly of whom you speak.. Bummer -- or should that be bummette..?

Swamp

Bummer -- or should that be bummette..?

Swamp

Bummer -- or should that be bummette..?

Swamp

Bummette is still around and making claims on the Hill. Look for the Jirak Group - her maiden name

Swamp, you and I are talking about the same place so far as where the "present" office is purported to be located. As you are heading north on RT89, the "office" is the last building on the right before the gas station/Family Dollar store.

There's some sort of sign on the outside of the run down white building that said was the location of the original trading post in the area. While I was there at the building there was a small flea market of sorts and I asked someone there if they knew anything about the club. From where we stood at the front of the building, they said the man who was in charge of memberships lived in the direction of a low level white water tank we could see at the foot of a hill that was north west of where we were.

The note with instructions to call "Dan" with regards to memberships for the Weaver District Club was in the window in the front of this building. He said to come to his house, Weaver Mountain Estates(?), to purchase a membership. His directions led us in the same direction as the water tank that someone had pointed out to us. Some how we got twisted around and with lousy Verizon cell phone coverage I couldn't get back in touch with "Dan" to find him.

Back in early 2008 as I recall, the bar up the road at the time was called the "Frog Rock Grill". http://foodio54.com/restaurant/Congress-AZ/99b99/Frog-Rock-Grill

This is where a gentleman named Les had the club office and I purchased a membership from him at that time.

What's interesting, when I went to make sure the bar was named Frog Rock, a "mining expedition" site showed up at the same location : http://www.frontiergoldprospecting.com/ I didn't see any sign of such an organization when I went to the bar to query about the Weaver club nor did anyone I asked there say anything about them. It's such a small place I'm sure that anyone there would have known about it if it was still there. In fact, it was at the bar where the barmaid told me about Weaver's "new" location back up the road.

The "Frontier Gold Prospecting" web site says it has been around since 2013.

Could this be an "offshoot" of the Weaver Club?

Just like in the old days, it seems that mining the miners still has the best return on investment if you don't have a conscience.

"Frontier" is not an offshoot of Weaver. It was set up by a fellow that used to work for me at Arizona Gold Adventures, and one of my first clients that he talked into investing in it. They take folks on gold prospecting adventures. Don't know if Mel is still in business or not.

post-22152-0-68654700-1455603070_thumb.j

I think I have a Lou Roggio "American Prospecting Club" membership card around here somewhere as well :200:

post-22152-0-37656400-1455603620_thumb.j

Oh, yah, Lou was a winner, alright!!!! That ripoff didn't last 6 months! ... What a surprise ... Julie left Weaver in disgust and now there's nothing left to the Weaver club.... Greed...Greed..Greed! Maybe someone can step in and rescue it, but the the fed's $$$ policies have restricted the profitability of prospecting clubs... Love to see Clay's take on this! ... Cheers, Unc

Julie left Weaver in disgust... Love to see Clay's take on this! ... Cheers, Unc

Shame.. It was totally obvious Julie was the glue that held Weaver's books / office together.. She was extremely helpful and knowledgeable as well.. Matter of fact she sold us a copy of your at that time up-to-date claims map for the area, Uncle Ron.. Or should I say she directed us to it -- the map sold itself..

Also, our "temporary" membership card cost only $30 in Apr 2011.. I " " temporary because the only thing temporary about it was the person to whom it was issued.. It was an all-claims full-year membership card.. Wish we could have had the time and opportunity for rolling some more miles onto it..

Swamp

The Saga continues.

I was out to Rich Hill Saturday 3/19/16. It was a beautiful day. At Decision Corner there is a board up with the following notices (see attached photos). 

I went over to Gold Strike to see what was happening in the creek. There are new claim markers up and the claim owner was there. He was letting others work the claim as guest. I think that was nice of him.

On my way to Mountain Top I met a Prospector coming down from there. I ask if He had information. He informed me "I was up there all morning Gold detecting and nobody bothered me". I think he was a local from one of the houses coming in to Stanton, but I could be wrong. A notice was attached to Mountain Top Claim marker stating Mountain Top is "Closed". the marker had a pouch with "supporting documents" for anyone to read. I did and returned them for others to read. 

Some are blaming WMD. Some are blaming BLM. Unless someone wants to pay a bunch of Lawyers it will not be settled. The BLM will tell you they only file and collect money. Not arbitrate disputes. Everyone seems to have documentation to support their claims. The BLM must be having a good old time charging 2 or 3 times for the same claim. Then they (BLM) will tell you "It's not our problem"

I am not throwing gas on the fire. Just reporting what I saw and heard from people on site. Until this is all worked out, everyone needs to keep a cool head and not fly off the handle at each other. Nobody I saw was getting rich out there or running off with a bunch of Gold. Just sweating, getting some exercise and having a good day in the sun. 

Never a dull moment at Rich Hill. 

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

unnamed3.jpg

unnamed4.jpg

Thanks for sharing the info.

Sincerely, 

Your favorite "Outage Coordinator"

:D

Weaver is bullshitting you. They did pay the fees but the claims were closed for cause and the fee money was returned on January 21, 2016. Weaver got all the money back nearly 2 months ago.

Here's the current (5 minutes ago) report from the BLM. The Mountain Top claim was closed on September 7, 2015. Look up Gold Strike, the Golden Glow and all the others and you will find exactly the same story. Weaver lost these placer claims.

Weaver is now in the realm of encouraging members to commit criminal mineral trespass.

Please read the current BLM status report before you help Weaver perpetuate this fraud. It may make the difference between being a victim or a co defendant.

WeaverBS.pdf

As the stomach churns, the continuing story of insane bs that stupefies the mind, empties the pocket and pzzzzzzzzzzzzzs me off as our reality is corrupted/convoluted/ mixed up by BLM and others incompetence...sic sic sic bummer :old: John

Yes Marc A.

920 acres of placer claims were closed.

There are 100 acres of placer claims left - The Blue Bucket (40 acres) and the Golden Rod Ext (60 acres).

There are 30 acres of lode claims left - The Diagonal (20 acres) and the Forget Me Not (10 acres behind the gate).

Weaver is selling access to 1050 acres of claims but only have 130 acres of claims. Weaver puts up signs encouraging their members to prospect where they have no claims (see above).

Yes I saw that, thank you. One of the other post made it sound as if all of their claims are closed, which is of course not true.

Too bad Weaver is in such turmoil

Any updates on anything up there?

I am (or was?) a Weaver, Roadrunner and GPAA member and plan on making a trip to Rich Hill in a few weeks before the thermometer boils over up there. 

Roadrunner has some good claims there. Weaver still has the two placers with decent gold on them. GPAA is pretty much gone from the hill but between the Roadrunner 180 acres and the adjacent Weaver 100 acres just south of Stanton you should have plenty of beeping room. There's still a lot of areas open nearby too so you can try something new if you have the inclination.