Nugget Shooter Forums

My first time to the Doctor in 8 years...

lotsa luck

About a month ago we had some bad cold go through the plant and with 300'ish employees pretty much everyone had it. Most got over it quickly as did I then it came back quick and hard last Friday. I could feel it in my chest and started coughing up green crap. Forced myself to go in to work Monday and Tuesday but left early Tuesday when I finally found a Doc that could see me.

Doc says... When was your last physical?

I reply... At least 8 years ago.

Doc says... Are you taking any over the counter med's for this?

I reply... I started Amoxicillin on Sunday.

Doc says... Who prescribed it?

I reply... ME.

Doc says... Where did you get it from.

I reply... The pet store.

Doc says... You should never self medicate and is clearly not happy. Says I have walking Pneumonia and writes me a script for more expensive... Amoxicillin

True story!

You said it came on fast.. If it's the one that started out with a tickle in your nose & a bit of a scratchy throat then less than 36 hours later there's a loaded freight liner parked on your chest, that's the one made the rounds here last winter.. Took a few of the folks two doses to completely knock it out.. One thing that really helped clear the congestion was Robitussin, the one that has the nasal decongestant in it too, which I think is CF..? Worked better than the one without it (DM??) Hope yours is an one-shot knock-out..

Swamp

Know how you feel LL, been there done that twice in my life. Both times it was almost curtain time for me.

If you folks don't know it some states health dept. can give you shots to prevent Pneumonia. Only takes two

in ones life and their done years apart. At least that's what the Okla. health dept. told me on my third shot.

Hope you get over it soon LL.

Yeah,,,And I'm here from the government to help you. I'm sure researchers have our best interests at heart, but follow the money.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/05/22/pneumonia-vaccine-shown-to-actually-increase-bacterial-infections.aspx "Bacterial Infections on the Rise Since Introduction of the Pneumonia Vaccine

"Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) recently issued new treatment guidelines for sinusitis.

Alarmingly, however, buried on page 16 of their report is the acknowledgement that certain hard-to-treat bacterial infections in children are on the rise because of the widespread use of the conjugated pneumococcal vaccines!

The IDSA report states:ii

" ... both the prevalence of H. influenzae (40%– 45%) and proportion of b-lactamase–producing H. influenzae (37%–50%) (extrapolated from middle ear fluid cultures of children with acute otitis media) have markedly increased among other upper respiratory tract infections since the widespread use of conjugated pneumococcal vaccines... Whereas S. pneumoniae was more common than H. influenzae prior to 2000, the prevalence of H. influenzae has clearly increased while that of S. pneumoniae has decreased in the post–pneumococcal vaccine era, such that currently they are approximately equal … ""

...shots to prevent Pneumonia. Only takes two

in ones life and their done years apart. At least that's what the Okla. health dept. told me on my third shot.

Edited by weaver hillbille

Yep, essentially done the same myself. I've even taken to bringing two capsules of amoxicillin to work for emergencies. There are always so many sick people there. If I begin to feel like I am coming down with something, I down 1000 mg of amoxicillin obtained from sources for fish antibiotics, works great.

For bacterial infections, maybe antibiotics can help, but they won't help against a cold or the flu..

Garlic is the answer.

Know how you feel LL, been there done that twice in my life. Both times it was almost curtain time for me.

If you folks don't know it some states health dept. can give you shots to prevent Pneumonia. Only takes two

My doc says every five years...

Big believer in all the shots I can get, especially the flu. My wife didn't believe it until her and the kids got the flu for a week and were absolutely miserable. I had my shot and I still did get sick, but I was down for a day not a week. She's religious about getting the shots.

I will say, when the kids were sick that time, that's the only time they've been that quiet there whole life.

I just started taking a z-pac (azithromycin) for something similar. I buy it on the internet but if you search for it you can't get it in some cases. Google and the National Health gurus have determined that introduction of these powerful antibiotics has caused big problems.

Here is a study about purchase online: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/710060

It is now harder to get them but if you ever do you will get emails and sometimes calls every other day.

For those of you wondering about the Canadian Drug stuff that once was so popular. That is not the source of these cheap antibiotics any more. The source is India. It is big business because the markup is about 10 times even with the middlemen involved. It has to be sent in a generic envelope to get delivered.

Here is a list of 'survival' antibiotics: http://urbansurvivalsite.com/the-9-best-survival-antibiotics/

Your doctor won't like you using them from your source but if you have them on hand already then just take yours.