Nugget Shooter Forums

Lime Creek

Edge

A year ago I was taking some pack animals up Lime Creek, NW of Horseshoe. Several miles in I came across a cool sight, a solid iron gold smelter standing maybe 12' tall.

Anyone here work that area?

Great that was one of favorite areas. That 2nd wash north of there I got a rock in my shoe. Wait??? I read your post wrong. Never heard of that area.

2nd wash in, that would be the Verde R. I've been back there twice, and spent several days, not a soul. Apparently there was ore in there, enough to justify getting that smelter back there somehow. It's rough, rough country, never saw a quad track back in there either.

This is the Cave Creek district.

Cave Creek was where I did my first gold prospecting in 1980. I took Spur Cross Rd all the way back about 15 miles to an old corral. I use to stay back there for a week at a time. running a little back pack dredge on a friends claim. Found a little color, nothing to write home about. Great learning experience and there sure was a lot of critters back there.

Cave Creek was where I did my first gold prospecting in 1980. I took Spur Cross Rd all the way back about 15 miles to an old corral. I use to stay back there for a week at a time. running a little back pack dredge on a friends claim. Found a little color, nothing to write home about. Great learning experience and there sure was a lot of critters back there.

was there a cabin or lineman's shack back there.

I've been up Spur Cross to Hondo Springs, friend of mine installed that hand pump at the Trough up there.

was there a cabin or lineman's shack back there.

I've been up Spur Cross to Hondo Springs, friend of mine installed that hand pump at the Trough up there.

Don't remember a cabin or line shack. The road dead ended just past an old small corral and that's where I pitched my tent. I've walked about another two miles up stream towards seven springs and about all I saw was natural habitat. Sometimes trappers would come through checking their traps. Run into one guy that was living in a lean-to up stream, very well hidden. He was living off the land. I give him some grub a couple of times, he seemed friendly but he kept to himself mostly.