Nugget Shooter Forums

New drywasher

Ahorton10

Looks good !!

....when I tilt my head to the side :ROFL:

Nice work Adam :D

Luke

Hey Adam ... Heading your way tomorrow morning to do a little detecting with the GPZ. Was going to camp at Jackass Flats for the weekend but the camper has a bad leak around the drain plug that I have to epoxy today and can't use for 24 hours while it cures. So I am going to load the RZR on its trailer and head to LSD early Saturday morning to get the day in at least. I'm an older guy at 66 but am pretty good on the shovel if you want company. Haven't done any drywashing for a year or so now ... my 151 is getting lonely ... maybe take it out later this winter. Too much for just one guy shoveling! :old:

Anyway going to try to make it by 8 AM ... maybe see you then if you haven't left for your honey hole yet. Silver Chev Silverado 2500 pulling a red RZR800 and accompanied by a friendly black Lab named Max.

Mike F

Nice!

I have problems with the sideways pictures too. I found out how to stop it. When you have the picture saved on your computer you have to open it, then rotate it sideways and save it like that and close. The reopen the picture and rotate it back and save again. Then load it to the forum and it will come up right side up.

Good luck Adam :)
Gonna be really nice weather this weekend.
Tom

Hey Mike f, it was nice meeting you today, im bummed that you had left when we got back. The ground was a little too damp in the area we went to so we didn't run much dirt. We will have to get together one of these days and give that 151 a workout! Hopefully you found a nugget today!

Thanks Tom! The weather was perfect all weekend! The new drywasher did well, the ground didn't cooperate though. It was wet so we had to run it through a couple times and still didn't get much gold out of it. We were working a beat up gpaa claim just to give it a run so we didn't have high hopes of getting much gold from there. It was a great time anyhow with perfect arizona winter weather and a nice fire in the evenings.

Hey Adam ... Always great to meet new fellow prospectors ... Sorry to hear you guys couldn't find some good ground. I suspect if you had gone with me out to the north end of Vulture Bait ... rough and narrow trail not for a road vehicle ... you might have gotten something ... maybe a spot for that 151 hunt. This storm today is going to put that off for a couple weeks at least but would be more than willing to bring the gear and share a day or two with you guys. Four guys on that machine is about right. Two guys filling buckets ... one on drywasher tender duty ... one guy running the shop vac! And even then the 151 won't choke up! Hopefully though it will cough up a little color so all can take some home!

Mike F

Lol. Boulder Dash is correct. He is the Man

I do not think thats what boulderdash meant...Its just a general rule or analogy. The more dirt you run, the more gold you will get

Let's see if that Drywasher can keep up with Boulder Dashes. 250 buckets

250 buckets is not easy , or a 1000 buckets or 1500 is not easy either, even in Ideal conditions....Once again, this isnt a pissing contest, its about the love of the hobby, and having fun !

...its about the love of the hobby, and having fun !

Ya know, I read that once somewhere my own durn self too..

I think it was in "101 Lies We Tell Ourselves When We Get Skunked Dry Washing.."

Swamp

PS: Just kidding.. It was actually in "Dry Washing Oklahoma.." :4chsmu1:

250 buckets! I have a general rule that if it stops being fun im not gonna do it. I started that rule when I went drywashing when it was 110 degrees lol, not fun anymore. I like working hard but I'm doing this for fun so Ill keep it within reason. I've done more than 100 buckets in a day with 2 guys and that was hard enough for me.

That's the truth bd, plus running that fast affects your recovery. I've been prospecting with a lot of Midwestern guys lately and they just love bringing water into the desert haha. I have a lot of faith in the recovery of a drywasher when you get the feed, air flow, and pitch just right you can see the separation happening and it's so much faster than recirculating water on a small scale.