Nugget Shooter Forums

First gold with the new 4500

microsniper

Congrats! :)
Glad you were able to get one right out of the shoot.

Hope you get a lot more!
Tom H.

• Like 1

Nice work 'Micro' ... but to match your screen name you need smaller gold! LOL! Keep working with that 4500 and play with the settings when you have a good sounding target before digging it. You will learn a lot about the machine and shorten your learning curve. Just be sure to keep that threshold under control ... meaning smooth ... even if it means reducing the RX Gain a bit ... Most guys use way too much of that anyway. Try it on a target and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 2

Microsniper,

Pretty cool!!!!! If I may ask did you use the 11" DD or the 15x12 Mono? I have a 4500 on order, moving up from an Infinium to a TDI to ML 4500. I hear that I am in for a pleasant surprise!

Jimmy

Hey Jimmy, It was the 11" DD.... Honestly Im surprised I found that lil thing, it was about 5'' deep on a gravel covered ledge, obvious target. Im not so sure I would have found it with my TDI..... Maybe I was just extra focused cause I had my new machine in my hand! I love it so far, just cant wait til I actually understand all the settings!!

• Like 1

Another GV nugget?

yup.... after I found the lil sunbaker I couldnt wait to get back and hit it good... but someone got there before me doh! Nobody gets everything thank god.....

Nice work 'Micro' ... but to match your screen name you need smaller gold! LOL! Keep working with that 4500 and play with the settings when you have a good sounding target before digging it. You will learn a lot about the machine and shorten your learning curve. Just be sure to keep that threshold under control ... meaning smooth ... even if it means reducing the RX Gain a bit ... Most guys use way too much of that anyway. Try it on a target and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks Mike, Yeah I guess I should change the name to MACRO-sniper! I learned a lot yesterday... so true about the threshold..