Nugget Shooter Forums

Camping January 29th through 30th

Ahorton10

Adam:
If dad and I are up that way we will for sure stop by.

GL to you!
Tom H.

I think Prescott Valley used to be called Jackass Flats, but I don't think that's where you are talking about. I think there is one around Lake Roosevelt, which is clear on the other side of Phoenix from me. Is that the one your talking about? I'm not sure though, there are a lot of places I read about on here I've never heard of.

Ed

Hope to see yall out there Tom! The jackass flats im referring to is just north of Morristown. You take castle hot springs rd north from the 60 or from the 74. After about two miles the rd turns dirt, shortly after that you make a left on old stage rd (it's not marked with a rd sign) and cross little san domingo wash, continue straight and there's a large flat camping area with a metal jackass on top of the adjacent hill

Thanks, I know where you're talking about now. I always (all 3 times) make a right at the Little San Domingo wash to go to the Vulture Bait claim. Haven't had any luck up there yet, but I'm determined to pull some color out of the ground with the dry washer my next visit there.