Nugget Shooter Forums

East Vulture Area

Andyy

I hear a lot about West Vulture area (near the mine) but I was wondering if people actually find nuggets in the claims East of there (but west of Morristown)? There are still many claims and unclaimed land to the East of Vulture. I will probably be out there with a buddy this weekend and was wondering if East Vulture area is a wasted effort. Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by Andyy

A10 - Thanks for the info. One can always hope. Worst comes to worst, it turns into my usual day hike through the club claims.

But then I have BD reminding me that all the big ones are gone thanks to Uncle Ron. I think Uncle Ron lives and breathes those hills. Kinda figured he might hop on here and just tell me he got all the gold east and west of vulture. And then I can't go LSD because Bill hA gotten it all. And then up north BD and Adam have cleared out everything. Go south I get kidnapped and taken across the border. Hmmm... maybe that's the places you all have missed :brows:

Edited by Andyy

Yep Andyy... I hit a buttload of pockets about 9 years ago and it was amazing ... Now, it's darn near impossible to get a color... For some reason the area seems only to have larger, nugget gold (or used to) ... I found many, many patches but all were fairly small, and also another nuggetshooter went in after I found the patches and worked the area like a day job and did very, very well ... So between him and me (and a few he invited in and a few others that tracked us in) it's more or less barren ground now ... There were some very rugged and remote parts, hard to get into, but even those are pretty much barren now ... But, for a few years, it was fun while it lasted ... I pulled about 12-14 ozt. there...Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-55289300-1453274106_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-13065800-1453274147_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-97325400-1453274191_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-07368800-1453274234_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-05553700-1453274300_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful gold unc! The vultures are my favorite place for some reason. I'm always drawn back there. I can always get a little color drywashing on club claims if nothing else works out. I haven't put much time in on the east side of the road but I imagine the gold came before the road so it seems logical that the gold doesn't stop there. There is alot more igneous rock on that side being that vulture peak is a volcano bit still plenty of metamorphic rock in the vicinity.

• Like 1

Wow, beautiful pieces Uncle Ron. So getting to my original question, you used to be able to find nuggets even East of Vulture? I thought most of the areas you spoke of were only on the West side.

AH10 - I tend to stay away from the volcanics also, though I know some gold patches are laid down previous to these. Uncle Ron has even mentioned this on some posts. So I guess you can't rule it out completely.

I personally think the volcanos in that part of the state played a roll in the deposition of the gold. Vulture, hells gate, red picacho, and others im sure are somehow tied to the gold bearing veins. I think maybe they started as plutons that provided heat for the veins to form or perhaps they resulted from the same geologic episodes that produced the gold. ....aznuggetbob had talked about this on here before and is by far more knowledgeable than I am on the subject

Hey Andyy, Don't be shy about hitting up places that are supposed to be cleaned out. There is always something left and some surprises, go were gold has been found and the East Vultures appear to be a good place. The washes I've been getting lucky in have already had there fair share of detector prospectors pass though and drywashers, just gotta think outside the box, or in your own box I guess. :)

Ron, You killed it dude!!! Thanks for sharing those beast finds. Excellent! :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Hey Andyy, Don't be shy about hitting up places that are supposed to be cleaned out. There is always something left and some surprises, go were gold has been found and the East Vultures appear to be a good place. The washes I've been getting lucky in have already had there fair share of detector prospectors pass though and drywashers, just gotta think outside the box, or in your own box I guess. :)

Ron, You killed it dude!!! Thanks for sharing those beast finds. Excellent! :thumbsupanim

Got to second that...............

Shay....that 2.8 grammer I found a few weeks back, was just below the bedrock spot you dug out up there at LSD. Just as it flattened out.

I also found a nice 6"x1/2" rusty bolt...Don't know how on earth we missed a chunk of iron like that in the past?? :)

Guess the rain moved just enough off to hear them :yesss:

Tom H.

Yah...right below where you dug out and Shay was a little lower digging. It was deep stuff though. over 20 inches...but the piece I got was only about 6 inches down. Blown out I guess?
Tom

I personally think the volcanos in that part of the state played a roll in the deposition of the gold. Vulture, hells gate, red picacho, and others im sure are somehow tied to the gold bearing veins. I think maybe they started as plutons that provided heat for the veins to form or perhaps they resulted from the same geologic episodes that produced the gold. ....aznuggetbob had talked about this on here before and is by far more knowledgeable than I am on the subject

Gotta say, I miss that aznuggetbob. The information he gives is gold all its own.

• Like 1

This has turned into quite the informative thread... :arrowheadsmiley:

Awesome Gold Uncle Ron !! :ROFL:

• Like 1

I personally think the volcanos...

Welll, you gots it.. And Andyy gots it.. And Uncle Ron has some of one of the proofs..

I don't know the first thing physically up close and personal about that area, but when I look at the pix'

Unk posted, especially the one on the scale and again next to a dime, the very first thing that jumps to my mind

is a portion of the "All About Minerals" article Reno Chris has in ICMJ Vol 85, #3 (Nov, '15..) If that isn't a

beautiful example of one possible formation resulting from cooling or evaporation of an Au atom-laden

solution bonding together on another surface I don't know what is..!

So yeah, volcanic activity does (or can) play a role.. It just might not be in the way one is (used to) thinking,

at least not in this circumstance under these conditions..

Swamp

• Like 1